JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The marking you ask about is just a proof or inspection marking. Both of the serial numbers are matching. At some time it was drilled and tapped for a Stith scope mount, evident by the holes on the left side of the receiver.
What does that plaque read on the forearm??
It's just a man's name. I went back through a bunch of my dad's old photos because he always wrote the names of the people photographed on the backs and the date. Found one dated September 1943 (a month after I was born) of him and another guy with the same last name as is on the medallion. Both were in uniform, so I'm guessing dad was taking a break from the war.

Thanks for sharing, there was a lot of very interesting information in these posts. You are lucky your father left something so cool that your were fortunate to find.

You can use all 30-30 loading data for the the 30 Remington as it is a rimless clone of 30-30. If you are so inclined, you can even make a form tool to turn down the rim and cut an extractor groove in 30-30 cases, to turn them into 30 Rem. That was more work than it was ever worth for me but it is a possibility.
I recently read and article , I believe by Lane Pierce, that was about converting 30-30 cases to 30 Remington cases. It not only involves removing the rim and cutting an extractor groove, but the neck needs to be opened up and then necked back down to provide a shoulder for fireforming. The cases are very close, but not identical. It can be done, though.

Searches can be your friend.

I've been on Buffalo Arms back in stock notification list for this for a long time without hearing a peep from them. Toying with calling them and seeing what they'd charge to do a one-off run of 500 or 1000 rounds just for me.

The second thumbnail you posted isn't the same "30 Remington" as the original. It's my understanding that at some point they loaded an oddball 30 caliber round for AR pattern rifles and called it 30 Remington.

Yes, since it's fully semiautomatic I made double extra special sure that my Washington State training was done, all of the appropriate assault weapon paperwork was completed and a thorough background check including mental fitness and the photographic results of my last colonoscopy were done before I laid a finger on it. :confused:
Did you apply for the official "Mother may I" from turd Ferguson?

OH NO! I forgot. Guess I'll be radio silent for a bit while I serve out my concurrent life sentences for such an egregious oversight... Nice knowin' ya folks.:rolleyes:
You must seek permission, as there is solid evidence that this type of "dangerous assault rifle" was used in the brutal execution of unlicensed US Senators Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.

I've been on Buffalo Arms back in stock notification list for this for a long time without hearing a peep from them. Toying with calling them and seeing what they'd charge to do a one-off run of 500 or 1000 rounds just for me.

The second thumbnail you posted isn't the same "30 Remington" as the original. It's my understanding that at some point they loaded an oddball 30 caliber round for AR pattern rifles and called it 30 Remington.
You're way ahead of me. I had forgot about the AR version. And its even it the title :(

Broke out my Manual of Cartridge Conversion and it says .30 Rem can be made using 30-30 brass. Need to trim rim to 0.422, recut extractor groove, the F/L size, and trim to length.

Hey OP, cover shipping and I'll send it your way.

20211210_064131.jpg 20211210_064108.jpg

It is helpful when people share links. Sometimes searches can be somewhat misleading.
Yeah, the second one isn't quite the same.
I had one in .35 years ago. Wish I still had it.
Me, too. Mine was so old it didn't have a firing pin spring and was simply called Remington Autoloading Rifle. (pre 1916) It had been used a lot, but was solid and shot well when I had it..
I sold it when I was selling a lot of guns to fund a car project. I kinda whish I hadn't sold that one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top