JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn that might be worth a drive down.. probably long gone though

The Cabelas website has 91/30 on sale for $228, except, except you can't order them online. You have to just get lucky and find them in a store.

Damn that might be worth a drive down.. probably long gone though

The Cabelas website has 91/30 on sale for $228, except, except you can't order them online. You have to just get lucky and find them in a store.

NOTE: the post is from Dec 2017.

I doubt that Cabela's still has them. Otherwise, I'd be there.:(

Aloha, Mark

I'm still shocked over how quickly the Mosin vanished from stores.

One day the SKS, the Yugo Mauser, the Garand, the Swiss rifles.. all will be in private hands too.

NOTE: the post is from Dec 2017.

I doubt that Cabela's still has them. Otherwise, I'd be there.:(

Aloha, Mark

I'm still shocked over how quickly the Mosin vanished from stores.

One day the SKS, the Yugo Mauser, the Garand, the Swiss rifles.. all will be in private hands too.

I went back the next day and it was gone. Still should have gotten it when I had the chance, but I know I would have kept it.

I was in Kieth's today and Nate told me Kieth had some Mosins he got that were found, in crates, in some cave somewhere. Still in cosmoline, all matching, for $350.00. I believe he said with bayonets, oil bottle, etc. Just FYI. I was hoping for a Swede Mauser.

$350? I'm guessing for a 91/30? Oh, man....

Well, I guess a 100 y/o bolt action that holds only 5 rounds will be one of the last arms to be banned / confiscated so it's a good investment :eek::D

What? $350 for a MN 91/30. I still see people trying to sell them on the classifieds for about $200 or so. Of course "with accessories" does add a little bit to the price. But oh well......I don't need another 91/30. Especially at $350.

Aloha, Mark

$350? I'm guessing for a 91/30? Oh, man....

Well, I guess a 100 y/o bolt action that holds only 5 rounds will be one of the last arms to be banned / confiscated so it's a good investment :eek::D

What? $350 for a MN 91/30. I still see people trying to sell them on the classifieds for about $200 or so. Of course "with accessories" does add a little bit to the price. But oh well......I don't need another 91/30. Especially at $350.

Aloha, Mark

Not being up on Mosin models I didn't find out what exactly they were. But being brand new? Still packed it goo? Thought that might be a draw for someone looking for one?

Dollars to doughnuts.....it's probably NOT "brand new" Mosin Nagant 91/30s.

Maybe more like.....refinished, renumber stamped (or forced matching #), and covered in cosmoline (preservative grease).

But, that said.....and having bought a few (way cheaper than $350) before they sort of disappeared. Well, they are still enjoyable pieces of history, that shoot too.:)

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
there is a warehouse full of them in Washington state, they release a batch at a time to keep the price up
I purchased a 1924 Mosin ex-Dragoon late last year for $350, still coated in grease with a pristine bore
the tag stated it was last tested in the Ukraine in 1996
you have to be there the week or even day they are set out or they are gone!!

rjmt

there is a warehouse full of them in Washington state, they release a batch at a time to keep the price up
I purchased a 1924 Mosin ex-Dragoon late last year for $350, still coated in grease with a pristine bore
the tag stated it was last tested in the Ukraine in 1996
you have to be there the week or even day they are set out or they are gone!!
And where might one hear about said sale?

Surpuls Ammo and Arms in Tacoma has an actual Mosin crate
when ever they get Mosins in, they display them there.
I'm up to my armpits in Mosins now, haven't looked in the last 6 months

I still travel for a living - if I ever see Mosins for sale, anywhere, I'll post here

RJMT

Aloha, Mark
the $350 Mosin was not a 91/30, even I wont pay that
it was a 1924 Ex Dragoon - the last of the true Dragoon rifles
many mistake late Dragoons for 91/30s, since they overlapped in production in 1930/31
the advantage of the Dragoons is that there original sights didn't match the WW2 Russian ammo and were not issued to front line troups
most were armory upgraded after the War with modern sights and stocks

rjmt

1924 ex-dragoon_4.JPG
Mongolian_cavalry with Mosin Dragoon.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews