JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started an Excel spreadsheet of all of my ammo and never quite finished it. I still need to include 7.62x39, Shotgun ammo - including the 10 boxes of 16 guage #1 buck that I just bought.

Also my Dad's reloads including several thousand rounds of .223/5.56x45, several thousand rounds of .38 Special wadcutters, probably a thousand rounds of 9mm lead cast and miscellaneous .380, 44 mag and .357 mag.

I need to add powder, bullets, brass and primers to the list, but have them on a paper sheet.

I have done pretty good keeping up with the calibers that I already catalogued.

On the other side of that coin.....
I actually saw 3 boxes of 9mm Barnaul ammo on the shelf at Bi-Mart (Tigard) today. Does that count?

AND......I didn't buy it.

Aloha, Mark

... I am very poorly organized. Trying to do better, but this morning I am headed into town to renew my DL then pickup some ammo cans at Costco, then get some boards at home depot.

It happens!

I'm "reasonably well" organized & keep decent inventory records.

Even so, "found" 14,000 small pistol primers last month which I had overlooked in putting into my standard storage area for primers, or adding to our inventory roles.

Bought them amidst our last move, and then put them under a workbench in a spare room during the move...just completely forgot about them. Pleasant surprise!

Similarly found several cases of manufactured ammunition on a shelf which hadn't been included in inventory. Simply overlooked because I changed up the storage / "in use" for range practice areas with the move.

It happens!

I'm "reasonably well" organized & keep decent inventory records.

Even so, "found" 14,000 small pistol primers last month which I had overlooked in putting into my standard storage area for primers, or adding to our inventory roles.

Bought them amidst our last move, and then put them under a workbench in a spare room during the move...just completely forgot about them. Pleasant surprise!

Similarly found several cases of manufactured ammunition on a shelf which hadn't been included in inventory. Simply overlooked because I changed up the storage / "in use" for range practice areas with the move.
That's got to be about $2,250 worth of primers :eek:

I see those threads pop up from time to time and I can never understand how someone can misplace ammo. Well, now I can.

Was just up in my reloading room and doing some clean up and putting away the 4350 I bought today. I had a pile of empty plastic sacks in the corner and started grabbing them when one of them was full.

Apparently, I had grabbed some ammo and primers on a trip to Walmart last Fall and stuck the sack in the corner without unpacking it and putting the ammo away. Subsequent sacks were emptied and thrown on top of it.

What a score! 400 rounds of Federal Brass 9mm, 450 rounds of .22LR, 2 boxes of .223, and 200 Small Rifle primers.

View attachment 755849
Walmart around here won't even sell "handgun" ammo much less primers. Hated that place before now I do everything I can to stay away from it. Although it is entertaining to sit in the parking lot and watch the people go in and out. I swear it attracts the weirdest people.

I have a .50 cal ammo can stuffed full of boxes of various flavors of .45 acp. Probably around 450 rounds. I don't own a .45 acp and haven't for years.

I was thinking of selling it since I could use the money to finance a rifle. But, I hate selling ammo.
I'd have to regard selling ammo as sacrilege myself. Don't do it! Trading on the other hand...

While looking for some mags I misplaced I found some Inherited ammo from many years ago .Some is about 100 years old . 32 short colt and other odd rim fire pistol calibers .

I've moved around this country a few times over the past four decades. A bunch of stuff I have is in storage; just old boxes I need to go through, things I keep moving from one place to another. If I go looking for something I rarely find it, but end up finding other things. One thing I've been finding lately is ammo. A box here, a box there. Every day I go in there it's like Christmas!

Just found more stuff... Was needing to sew some pants and had a set of built in drawers in the bathroom that I forgot about. Dug around in them looking for a sewing kit and found some goodies.

Nice holster for my Colt clone, half a box of .22 shells, and some P-Mags. Also found a magazine to pistol that I have no idea what it's for.

IMG_20201010_163243891.jpg

I am still finding ammo.

That is one reason why I keep an inventory.

I am kind of a hoarder; I see something for sale that I want or think will be useful eventually and I buy it, then I bring it in the house and set it down. I am very poorly organized. Trying to do better, but this morning I am headed into town to renew my DL then pickup some ammo cans at Costco, then get some boards at home depot.

Remember, it's only hoarding if it's disorganized or ends up in the yard...so get some shelves and a label maker ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top