JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see those threads pop up from time to time and I can never understand how someone can misplace ammo. Well, now I can.

Was just up in my reloading room and doing some clean up and putting away the 4350 I bought today. I had a pile of empty plastic sacks in the corner and started grabbing them when one of them was full.

Apparently, I had grabbed some ammo and primers on a trip to Walmart last Fall and stuck the sack in the corner without unpacking it and putting the ammo away. Subsequent sacks were emptied and thrown on top of it.

What a score! 400 rounds of Federal Brass 9mm, 450 rounds of .22LR, 2 boxes of .223, and 200 Small Rifle primers.

IMG_20200928_171643128.jpg

It happens, I went to Whidbey island 2 weeks ago and while I was there I bought 100 10mm. Found them yesterday tucked in a cubby hole in the back of my cherokee

Amazing how none of that is available today.
That's why its better than finding money.
To paraphrase the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers...
Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.
original form below...
1601341506712.png

I am still finding ammo.

That is one reason why I keep an inventory.

I am kind of a hoarder; I see something for sale that I want or think will be useful eventually and I buy it, then I bring it in the house and set it down. I am very poorly organized. Trying to do better, but this morning I am headed into town to renew my DL then pickup some ammo cans at Costco, then get some boards at home depot.

I was looking for some 40S&W I knew I had and stumbled across a few boxes of critical duty 9mm Didn't even remember buying
also found a bag of 150rds of 308 I had misplaced

I'm betting this thread will get guys digging through all the nooks and crannies in their closets, garage, sheds etc.
It'll be a mad scavenger hunt for ammo misplaced in their homes.:s0061:

I see those threads pop up from time to time and I can never understand how someone can misplace ammo. Well, now I can.

Was just up in my reloading room and doing some clean up and putting away the 4350 I bought today. I had a pile of empty plastic sacks in the corner and started grabbing them when one of them was full.

Apparently, I had grabbed some ammo and primers on a trip to Walmart last Fall and stuck the sack in the corner without unpacking it and putting the ammo away. Subsequent sacks were emptied and thrown on top of it.

What a score! 400 rounds of Federal Brass 9mm, 450 rounds of .22LR, 2 boxes of .223, and 200 Small Rifle primers.

View attachment 755849
Good as fining gold in the attic rn

A few days ago I found 1,000 rounds of 9mm that was hiding in plain sight. I had a pair of 500 round cans of CCI brass stored in two different bedrooms and for some reason that it was two seperate locations, so I mentally only had two cans and not four.

I have a .50 cal ammo can stuffed full of boxes of various flavors of .45 acp. Probably around 450 rounds. I don't own a .45 acp and haven't for years.

I was thinking of selling it since I could use the money to finance a rifle. But, I hate selling ammo.

View attachment 755849
Hey! Good for you!!

My problem is due to being disorganized I am not sure whether I have something or not, how much I have, or where it is. Working on doing better, but I also have a lot of chores that I have fallen behind on.
I'm somewhat that way myself. At least WAS that way. When I had to pack up all of my powder and primers and move them to a safe location during the wildfires, I decided it was a REALLY good idea to do some inventory. As a result, I wound up selling quite a few lbs of powder and a few thousand primers:eek:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews