JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a 223 Colt rifle. I was out at SalmonBerry Rd on Fathers day. I weas at the long range spot around 2:30 pm and I found this rifle sitting on top of the carrying bag sitting on top of a log. There were kids on dirt bikes riding around so I took the rifle and called the Washington sheriffs office. They came out pick it up from me. If this is your rifle call the sheriffs office to claim it.

I had a couple rifles fall out of my truck when the tail gate dropped while I was driving. Best surprise ever when the two strangers we were shooting with returned the rifles to me when they found them in the middle of the road.

Technically, after Prozanzsi's SB941 takes effect you would probably be breaking the law in securing it before the Sheriffs came.
Where I shoot no cell coverage so I'd have to sweat it out and take a chance delivering it to the PD when I got back to town.

Nice! Did you leave a note at the spot it was found? Thats the only thing Id do extra.

Honestly though thats probably too nice for the guy who left it there to ride his bike.. unless it was an accident and was simply forgotten when packing up.

Good karma is coming your way man..
Many guys wouldnt do something that honest... Depending on the type of firearm.. Myself included :rolleyes:

Kudos.

Should have given them just the receiver and told them to call if the person ever comes in to get it and you would give him the rest. No law I know of states you have to give LE found property sitting on public land.

Technically, after Prozanzsi's SB941 takes effect you would probably be breaking the law in securing it before the Sheriffs came.
Where I shoot no cell coverage so I'd have to sweat it out and take a chance delivering it to the PD when I got back to town.
I really doubt any LE org or court would consider the law to apply in these kinds of cases where an "abandoned" or lost firearm is found in this manner.

Did he offer up why he "tuned out" and left it behind? Seems weird. I leave a shooting area with what I came with and more times than not: OSB (other shooters brass) and trash. Maybe take a picture of all of the firearms you take to the range that day and refer to it when rolling it up for the day!

Did he offer up why he "tuned out" and left it behind? Seems weird. I leave a shooting area with what I came with and more times than not: OSB (other shooters brass) and trash. Maybe take a picture of all of the firearms you take to the range that day and refer to it when rolling it up for the day!

Not that weird to me. I've probably lost a couple thousand dollars' worth of stuff over the years (fortunately no firearms). And the older I get, the worse my CRS gets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top