JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys. My dad and I took a trip looking for a place to shoot in our old stomping grounds and came upon this spot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...0x5494ec097aeaff29:0xa19e74b1c52574d6!6m1!1e1

Heading towards the coast, it's the second left after the rest stop (hwy 26, 1/2 hour west of Hillsboro). There are three large mounds of gravel (presumably for the roads). There are no postings or gates getting there.

There are signs I'm not the first shooter to find the area, but it's pretty clean so far. Just shotgun shells mostly left behind, so lets KEEP it clean.

Also, here's a list of coordinates for someone with a gps or a better sense of direction than me to check out:

45.819833, -123.544582 -The site linked above. Medium range. MAYBE a 100 yard shot in 1 part

45.816153, -123.571837

45.816153, -123.571837

45.818848, -123.577966

45.807384, -123.526085

45.801558, -123.548337

45.808098, -123.429553

These just seemed to be promising from google maps and in areas that may be accessible via roads we found unmarked/un-gated. Pass the word if anyone checks these spots out. Even if they don't pan out, we can cross them off our list of sites to scout.

Randomly: 45°36'36"N 123°21'45"W = Browns Camp Gravel Pit for those that want to find it on a map.

Let me know if you guys know of any other shooting spots in the area. Thanks!
-Nate

If the people who will use this are like the slobs and thieves that use Browns Camp then it will be a dump in no time. Also the Rambo wannabes that just spray shots all over then look back at their camo clad buddies and grin will make the place too dangerous.

I doubt very much that the unsafe world-trashers hang out on this forum. Maybe some elitists, but the people you're talking about hang out on youtube.

Heaven forbid we consort with people that wear camouflage, have friends, and enjoy rapid fire.... ;)

According to google maps color code of light green being managed by the United States Forest Service, the second/third, forth ones down and the bottom you listed are not in the National Forest.

Second and third are actually the same coordinates.

Just because there are not signs posted does not mean it is public land. Most people don't put signs in their yards.

I know I don't personally go shooting on other peoples land without permission. What other people want to do is up to them.

Last Edited:
I doubt very much that the unsafe world-trashers hang out on this forum. Maybe some elitists, but the people you're talking about hang out on youtube.

Heaven forbid we consort with people that wear camouflage, have friends, and enjoy rapid fire.... ;)
If you had been up there when the Rambo types were spraying bullets all over you wouldn't be so flip.

I've kissed off Clown's Camp permanently. Not that there weren't some interesting and colorful characters up there, but it's just too risky.

The errant, undisciplined fire is bad enough, but when you're shooting suppressed without ears on you also discover just how many of those rounds ricochet back at you when you're shooting at a pile o' rocks. No thank you.

The errant, undisciplined fire is bad enough, but when you're shooting suppressed without ears on you also discover just how many of those rounds ricochet back at you when you're shooting at a pile o' rocks. No thank you.

Shooting into rocks quickly earns one membership into the Darwin awards club! It's only a matter of time and rounds until a shooter or bystander catches a ricochet. It's a very stupid and dangerous practice indeed.

So I went to this spot and I probably should shut up about it, but it's pretty great. If you go here please make it cleaner than when you came and be nice as there is enough space for lots of people to have fun. It's also perfectly legal to shoot, it is in the Clatsop County Forest.

Oh, and it rained here, almost the whole time, it was awesome. It hasn't rained in Portland in a long time so it was a nice treat. Thanks for the tip on this spot.

Last Edited:
I'd like to thank you for this post, I was looking for a place to go shooting and I found this. We checked it out, and had a great time. We carries out our brass and even some of the spent shells that were lying around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top