JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm doing a total rehab on an apartment of ours and have been there almost every day for most of this month. Today a woman that lives in one of the other apartments walked in on me with a gun in her hand and got my attention real quick. She wanted me to look at it to see if it needed cleaning. It is a little Colt Detective Special that looked like it left the factory yesterday. I offered her $500 and another revolver, but she won't sell it, dang it! It is absolutely beautiful. What's it worth? Blue with wood grips and it's from the 70's based on ones I see on GB

I assume it's worth less than what you offered her, unless the revolver was a 38 Taurus. Probably anywhere from $450 to $800... with the limited information provided, and probably closer to the higher end of that estimate if in good/original condition.

Added original condition, because people don't always like the retro modifications.

I've only had three Colts, a Defender, a 6" Mark III .357 and a Detective Special. In keeping with my gun collecting philosophy of buying high, selling low and making it up in volume. The operative word is had. :rolleyes:

I do Colts, I think Flumph's estimate (800.00) is about right. A little more for a NIB but even those are maby 1200.00 from a dealer. Nickle brings a little more. They are great guns. Colt serial number dates are on line. Pretty easy to figgure it out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top