JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI for those of you thinking about buying the $269 Fostech echo sport trigger for the 15-22.

If you install as shown in the instructions it will not work because the 15-22 upper (or more specifically the bolt I guess) doesn't push the trigger lock forward. It won't fire unless the trigger lock is forward.

However if u simply remove the trigger lock spring it works like a charm because the trigger lock is forward (the spring is what pushes the trigger lock backward). I've done quite a few tests of semi auto, 2 shot, and mag dumps with the 35 round plinker magazines and no hang ups. Ironically I have had some hangups with the stock magazine it came with.

The rounds per minute is crazy high, as in around 500-600 rounds per minute (not counting mag changes of course).

The two shot action is excellent. It pretty well fires two shots in echo mode as fast as you can fire one shot in semi auto mode.

I need to test it more and do tons of mag dumps but so far this trigger without the spring is an absolute blast. I'll update this later as I learn more/do more testing with it.

Updating this thread with info. from another user out of the area who contacted me.

He says that the rear trigger lock is a safety feature and it's only function is to not allow the trigger to outrun the bolt. He also says that The echo ar2 has the same piece but the ar1 did not.

He removed the spring as mentioned above and his is working fine after that. Cheers!

Where do I get the trigger? I was on their waiting list for six months, only to have them tell me they cannot ship to Oregon. :confused:
Darn that would be frustrating. I think most of the 3rd party vendors got them in stock in March or so. I bought from "Tactical Sh!t" but I've seen the same prices of $269-$289 at other vendors as well.

$269 was sale price but I've seen them at $269 regular price at other vendors so maybe after you find one at a vendor double check "retailmenot" or look around the vendors site for an extra 10% off or whatever and u may be able to get for less than $250. The vendor I mentioned will ship to OR as I'm sure several of the others do also.

Updating this thread. I removed the trigger lock completely because it seemed silly to leave it in there after removing the spring. Works great!

Much cleaner this way cuz trigger lock is just sort of flopping around with no spring and it serves no function. If one were to move the trigger to a regular AR u could put the trigger lock and spring back in for that gun. But for 15-22 the trigger lock serves no function (and if trigger lock is installed with spring in a 15-22 the trigger won't work).

Im having a real hard time with this trigger. (Fostech echo sport). Ive i stalled it in 3 different lowers... 15-22, anderson, and a delton. Cant get itnto work in any of them. The problems start when i insert the selector. It all goes to hell after that. Its like the selector just spins back and forth. Its like it is not engaging the hooks in the trigger assembly. Dont knownwhat im doing wrong.

Make sure everything is lined up before putting in the safety you have to slightly move/wiggle the parts a bit to make a clear "hole" for the safety to go through. Try it with safety in safe like shown on the youtube install video.

Make sure everything is lined up before putting in the safety you have to slightly move/wiggle the parts a bit to make a clear "hole" for the safety to go through. Try it with safety in safe like shown on the youtube install video.
I appreciate it, but ive been there and done that, about 10 times or more. Im experimenting with the trigger lock out of it to see if that makes a difference.

It may well be the trigger lock. On the 15-22 there is nothing on the bolt to push the trigger lock forward so that it can fire. So irregardless of the lower the trigger is always locked with that particular bolt if the trigger lock is installed.

Hey, thanks for your help. I got it to work (dry fire) in an Anderson lower when i took the trigger lock out. I ordered a special kit from Fostech for 22s... it has about 5 parts... increased power spring for ccmg bolts, a decreased power spring for the trigger, and a liitle bracket that rides on the bolt which is supposed to help the triggwr reset, and a couple other springs.

Did you have to add any parts to the 15-22? I assume it is a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22? Im asking ,cuz i have one of those as well, and would rather run it there than in the ccmg conversion i have.

Thanks again. :)

Hey, thanks for your help. I got it to work (dry fire) in an Anderson lower when i took the trigger lock out. I ordered a special kit from Fostech for 22s... it has about 5 parts... increased power spring for ccmg bolts, a decreased power spring for the trigger, and a liitle bracket that rides on the bolt which is supposed to help the triggwr reset, and a couple other springs.

Did you have to add any parts to the 15-22? I assume it is a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22? Im asking ,cuz i have one of those as well, and would rather run it there than in the ccmg conversion i have.

Thanks again. :)
Interesting about that little bracket that rides on the bolt. I wonder if that pushes the trigger lock forward (it may be totally unrelated to the trigger lock - I've never seen the bracket). The issue with the 15-22 is that the bolt does not push the trigger lock forward so that the trigger remains locked all the time (the trigger lock is pushed backwards by the trigger lock spring). To fix you can remove the spring for the trigger lock so that the trigger lock always stays forward (I imagine it could fall back at some point in handling and that's why it's simpler to just remove the trigger lock entirely for the 15-22). I didn't add any parts to the 15-22, just removed the trigger lock only.

One of these days I'm going to see if this trigger fits in my Stribog 9mm. I understand the receiver is a bit wider than standard AR so might need shims to fit.

No trip kit used (not even sure what that is actually). Bone stock echo sport trigger purchased soon after they were released.

Removing the trigger lock is the key for use in 15-22. The trigger is designed for a AR full auto bolt which will push the trigger lock forward, allowing the trigger to be pulled. But 15-22 bolt does not push the trigger lock forward due to the bolt design. Trigger lock is a safety mechanism to prevent overrunning the bolt. Removing the trigger lock makes it work fine in 15-22. No issues overrunning the bolt in my use.

I have a video of it in action on here somewhere. I'll try to find.

No trip kit used (not even sure what that is actually). Bone stock echo sport trigger purchased soon after they were released.

Removing the trigger lock is the key for use in 15-22. The trigger is designed for a AR full auto bolt which will push the trigger lock forward, allowing the trigger to be pulled. But 15-22 bolt does not push the trigger lock forward due to the bolt design. Trigger lock is a safety mechanism to prevent overrunning the bolt. Removing the trigger lock makes it work fine in 15-22. No issues overrunning the bolt in my use.

Thanks much!

Can you post a picture or video of removing the trigger lock?

Can you post a picture or video of removing the trigger lock?
No need cuz fostech has an installation video on YouTube and trigger also comes with install instructions. Just leave out the trigger lock.
A9F3DA4B-057F-4132-96EC-7A8007F5712F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads