JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its not that its better built . The Fostech uses what is essentially a safety sear that is tripped off the closing bolt carrier to keep the hammer from over riding the bolt. Franklins do not and can run faster than the bolt carrier. Many guns have safety sears. SKS's, Winchester 100's etc. have safety sears. Configured a little differently safety sears are called a automatic sears and yes, a clever tinkerer could handily turn the Fostech into a drop in Full Auto Conversion device. Simple job.

And this Friends is why I have a lifetime ban from the High Road.

Hahaha! Man, I wish some of the old home brew and DIY gun forums were still live. I should have copied everything I could.

You are essentially talking about the rate reducer in the AK too. It's actually a safety feature but the ATF considers it bad as it is a required part in a FA AK. I mean, I could probably make one run without but it'll be more reliable with.

A couple pieces made with a grinder, a file and a drill and you can make a binary trigger for the AK too. It'll even work in the right selector positions unlike fostech's.

As far as the fostech and the BFS, the franklin is also capable of running faster than the fostech but as wired said, it can outrun the carrier and have hammer follow through which could simply make a dead trigger.

Hahaha! Man, I wish some of the old home brew and DIY gun forums were still live. I should have copied everything I could.

You are essentially talking about the rate reducer in the AK too. It's actually a safety feature but the ATF considers it bad as it is a required part in a FA AK. I mean, I could probably make one run without but it'll be more reliable with.

A couple pieces made with a grinder, a file and a drill and you can make a binary trigger for the AK too. It'll even work in the right selector positions unlike fostech's.

As far as the fostech and the BFS, the franklin is also capable of running faster than the fostech but as wired said, it can outrun the carrier and have hammer follow through which could simply make a dead trigger.

Fostech doesn't run in the right selector positions?

The rate reducer in an AK is different. Its just a striking plate that slows the hammer down and it really just an anti bounce device for use in stamped receiver guns that tend to flex. You can install them all day long. They do nothing without an auto sear releasing the hammer. The auto sear does the work. You'd have to drill the third hole and cut the rail to use that.
What fostech has done is created a device that drops the hammer to be released by the shooter with a trigger release automatically with the bolt closure. Like I said before many guns have safety sears in semi auto form but when they also act as a auto sear the ATF always bans them. AK's, FAL's , HK's etc all use safety sears in semi auto which double as auto sears in auto mode. The ATF just says no safety sear period in the semi auto versions.

Ive looked at the Fostech triggers and one of these days someone will figure out how easy it is to make a drop in FA device out of one and the ATF will go into recall mode. It would work similarly to the way an SKS gets converted to Full Auto. Bolt closes, hammer drops as long as the trigger is pulled..

Last Edited:
The rate reducer in an AK is different. Its just a striking plate that slows the hammer down and it really just an anti bounce device for use in stamped receiver guns that tend to flex. You can install them all day long. They do nothing without an auto sear releasing the hammer. The auto sear does the work. You'd have to drill the third hole and cut the rail to use that.
What fostech has done is created a device that drops the hammer to be released by the shooter with a trigger release automatically with the bolt closure. Like I said before many guns have safety sears in semi auto form but when they also act as a auto sear the ATF always bans them. AK's, FAL's , HK's etc all use safety sears in semi auto which double as auto sears in auto mode. The ATF just says no safety sear period in the semi auto versions.

Ive looked at the Fostech triggers and one of these days someone will figure out how easy it is to make a drop in FA device out of one and the ATF will go into recall mode. It would work similarly to the way an SKS gets converted to Full Auto. Bolt closes, hammer drops as long as the trigger is pulled..
All very true. I miss the forums with this knowledge readily available. Lotta smart folks building, sharing, modding and occasionally pushing the law.

Fostech doesn't run in the right selector positions?

Oh, gotcha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads