JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you! Thanks to the mods that allow me to post here, even though I'm in OR or WA :)

All of FCD's products are designed for TDP spec receivers. They are not flashy or designed to be different, they are designed to do a specific job, and do it quietly.

ABC/R is designed specifically for ambi mag catch users. Even without an ambi mag catch, the ABC/R's angled paddles make them easier and more intuitive to access by feel, this has benefits for low or no light operations.

LDFA IS designed specifically for ambi charging handles. In essence, it is a rimless forward assist. Its rimless design allows the user's fingernail or knuckle to glide over the LDFA when the user pulls back the ambi charging handle by its right latch. LDFA isn't for everyone, if you don't use an ambi charging handle, then the LDFA is simply a smaller and lighter FA that doesn't snag on your gear.

For more info on our design philosophy and execution, head over to the Design in Focus section of our site http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Design-in-Focus_ep_45.html

Should anyone have any questions, please feel free to contact me any time, [email protected]

Thank you guys.

Oh by the way, the pic posted above is a prototype ABC/R, with lots of tool marks.

A production ABC/R is far more polished :)

12376115_1517940738505008_4882881540670575994_n_zpsmuqmnrif.jpg

Ive been following Forward Controls on Facebook since about day one for them, Really nice stuff, Glad to hear you are happy with yours and glad to see them posting some feedback here. Seems like a great guy with great ideas.

IronMonster, thank you very much for your support! Leaving a relatively well known company to start a new one that still few have heard of hasn't been easy, but it's as rewarding as ever. I get to see ideas go from concepts drawn on crappy Microsoft Paint (I can't do Illustrator or SolidWorks) to 3D models, rapid prototype, then the final product, and it's gratifying to know these products have made a difference to users for whom they were designed.

Due to the purpose designed nature of two of three product lines we have (LDFA an ABC/R), we've kind of become a well kept secret, we hope to change that by bringing forth products geared towards users of a much wider range. Next year we should see the ABC/R (billet) undergo some cosmetic, material and 7.62mm AR compatibility changes. ABC/R-F will continue to be produced as you see them today, and for 5.56mm ARs only.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top