JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Sunday, 1 October, 2017. At about 12 noon and again right now at about 1605 hrs. Forum running slow. Particularly when keyboarding. Entry of text is about 5 key strikes behind the keyboarding. Also the response time from sub forum to sub forum is slow. The vertical tracking with the mouse is also very slow to respond. That is all.

Linux Mint 17 Firefox Mozilla. Frontier Communications. About 3.1 down; about .35 up.

Text testing at about 1635 hours. Still very slow. Several keystrokes behind keyboarding. Mouse vertical tracking now much faster. That is all.

Last Edited:
Working just fine here.

Mac OSX Sierra, Chrome. Comcast. 250 Mb/s down, 12 up.

Working fine on all my devices. However, @TeacherSmurf mentioned redonkulously slow entries last night on her Chromebook. I went into the kitchen to check it out and saw what she meant. As in type a bunch of characters and wait a second or two for them to even appear. I'm going to date myself with this reference, but it reminded me of the ancient PC clones (286/386/486s) from the earlier 90s that would occasional do that due to the keyboard buffer delay.

Sunday, 1 October, 2017. At about 12 noon and again right now at about 1605 hrs. Forum running slow. Particularly when keyboarding. Entry of text is about 5 key strikes behind the keyboarding. Also the response time from sub forum to sub forum is slow. The vertical tracking with the mouse is also very slow to respond. That is all.

Linux Mint 17 Firefox Mozilla. Frontier Communications. About 3.1 down; about .35 up.

Text testing at about 1635 hours. Still very slow. Several keystrokes behind keyboarding. Mouse vertical tracking now much faster. That is all.

You might check out my earlier thread on this - It appears to be related to some video ads running on the site. @Joe Link is aware of it, but apparently hasn't been able to get it fixed yet. I'm running uBlock ad blocker until it gets fixed - and that has fixed the issue for me.

My thread: Potential Issue - Damn Video Ads Back Again

I get the slow typing thing as well from time to time. loke now, its going jsut fine but sometimes it takes a few seconds for the letters to show.

Slow keyboarding response and slow vertical mouse tracking. Slow sub forum to sub forum switching. Tuesday, 3 October, 2017 at about 1045 hrs. PDT. I am running most of the Linux compatible $FREE$ add blockers which might be the problem. That is all. Love this forum. That is all. Respectfully. That is all. :) :)

Slow keyboarding response and slow vertical mouse tracking. Slow sub forum to sub forum switching. Tuesday, 3 October, 2017 at about 1045 hrs. PDT. I am running most of the Linux compatible $FREE$ add blockers which might be the problem. That is all. Love this forum. That is all. Respectfully. That is all. :) :)

Look at the link to the thread I posted above - Joe Link is actively looking for a solution to this issue - it appears to be rooted in one particularly nasty video ad that's zapping resources for those of us not using phones to surf the forum. Joe just updated on that thread a few moments ago.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads