JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Otis, sorry about your loss. Make sure the Remember Me box is clicked when logging in and that shouldn't happen.

I just got done writing a long thread reply, but then was kicked off when I tried to submit it. When I logged back in it was gone. How can I change the amount of time I stay logged in between actions.

I feel your pain, I've had this happen over the years of owning a computer and it's frustrating. One thing that sometimes works is to hit the back button and hope it is still there.

another option that might work would be to write your posts in notepad or word and cut/paste. If it crashes just paste again and your good so long as you don't exceed maximum size for post

I had something similar happen when I applied for a job. They dumped the answers to their questions if you missed a field. It was a web developer job so I mentioned their shoddy application site and what 5 minutes of improvements would do at my interview.

It sucks to lose what you've typed. I second the option of typing it in a text editor and pasting it. I do it if I've typed enough text.

Thanks for all the posts. I'm not a big computer guy, but I'm sure these are all good options. What I envisioned was more like just increaseing the timeout period to more like 30 minutes instead of 10 or whatever it is right now. Is that something I can do myself in my settings? Or is that something the mods can do? I know some other forums have that time up to as much as an hour. Can this even be changed?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top