Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Forum kick off

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Otis61, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Otis61

Otis61 Newport, Or. New Member

I just got done writing a long thread reply, but then was kicked off when I tried to submit it. When I logged back in it was gone. How can I change the amount of time I stay logged in between actions.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hey Otis, sorry about your loss. Make sure the Remember Me box is clicked when logging in and that shouldn't happen.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, I've had this happen over the years of owning a computer and it's frustrating. One thing that sometimes works is to hit the back button and hope it is still there.

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

another option that might work would be to write your posts in notepad or word and cut/paste. If it crashes just paste again and your good so long as you don't exceed maximum size for post

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I had something similar happen when I applied for a job. They dumped the answers to their questions if you missed a field. It was a web developer job so I mentioned their shoddy application site and what 5 minutes of improvements would do at my interview.

It sucks to lose what you've typed. I second the option of typing it in a text editor and pasting it. I do it if I've typed enough text.

6. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

High speed internet access via Comcast cured the issue for me, dial up is such a pain.

7. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

That doesn't have much to do with forum logins timing out over a period of time.

8. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

This has happened to me quite a bit lately. I have just chalked it up to divine intervention and skipped posting it again. It probably saved me from getting banned. :laugh:

9. Otis61

Otis61 Newport, Or. New Member

Thanks for all the posts. I'm not a big computer guy, but I'm sure these are all good options. What I envisioned was more like just increaseing the timeout period to more like 30 minutes instead of 10 or whatever it is right now. Is that something I can do myself in my settings? Or is that something the mods can do? I know some other forums have that time up to as much as an hour. Can this even be changed?