JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, I heard about the magnetic solenoid trick.

No way to really try it on the safe as I don't have it. I have heard that Fortress safes are definitely low end, which I am looking for low end. Just not so low end you can get in in less than 20 seconds.

I went to the local locksmith shop near me to inquire about having the dial combination changed on my gun safe. I don't like what it came with and can never remember the odd numbers.
They told me that they had to do it with the lock mounted in place and the minimum service charge will be over $75.00 plus mileage.
I had already looked on You Tube and there is a video showing how, but I needed a special key that fits the inside part of the lock.
I asked the locksmith if he could sell or rent me one, but he insisted that they weren't sold to the public and they cost over $125.00.

Went home and found one on eBay for only $12.99 plus free shipping.

s-l140.jpg

Last Edited:
I went to the local locksmith shop near me to inquire about having the dial combination changed on my gun safe. I don't like what it came with and can never remember the odd numbers.
They told me that they had to do it with the lock mounted in place and the minimum service charge will be over $75.00 plus mileage.
I had already looked on You Tube and there is a video showing how, but I needed a special key that fits the inside part of the lock.
I asked the locksmith if he could sell me or rent one, but he insisted that they weren't sold to the public and they cost over $125.00.

Went home and found one on eBay for only $12.99 plus free shipping.

View attachment 283019

That's what I'm going to do as well

If you have a S&G LaGard 3 wheel lock, you're more then welcome to use mine.
Here's a link on how to change it.
I will have mine delivered in a couple of days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top