JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive had a Minivault in the bedroom for years, but the thing finally broke on me. I can still get it open with the key, but the keypad access just makes a "whirring" sound when I punch in the code. I can see a broken cable inside the mechanism. I dont like electronic safes all that much and have been looking at the Fort Knox Personal Pistol boxes. All teh reviews Ive read so far have been good. They have a real Symplex locking mechanism and are supposed to be solidly built. Has anyone had any experience with these?
Or, can anyone recommend a small pistol safe that has a mechanical lock only?
Thanks

I have the one that opens from the front. So not the "Auto Lock Box". It has four holes on the bottom, that's it. I suppose you could mount it on a wall but you have to reach down into the safe to get the pistol. The door is spring loaded but I'm not sure if the spring is strong enough to lift the door upwards. If I had to guess I'd say not and the knob for opening wouldn't make a great handle.

The Auto Lock box opens more like a clam shell. You could probably wall mount it but then you'd have to have a way of securing your gun in the safe so it wouldn't just fall out. You might be able to just "lean" it in there. Not sure how deep those ones are.

You could drill addtional holes...but I wouldn't want to. It's a fairly heavy guage steel.

Great pistol safe. I bought mine from the local guy that goes to all the shows. It is easy to open and solidly built. Well worth the price.

fort-knox-pistol-box-ftk-pb-original-handgun-safe-pb1-21.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads