Fort Knox Pistol Safe?

Reactions
Ive had a Minivault in the bedroom for years, but the thing finally broke on me. I can still get it open with the key, but the keypad access just makes a "whirring" sound when I punch in the code. I can see a broken cable inside the mechanism. I dont like electronic safes all that much and have been looking at the Fort Knox Personal Pistol boxes. All teh reviews Ive read so far have been good. They have a real Symplex locking mechanism and are supposed to be solidly built. Has anyone had any experience with these?
Or, can anyone recommend a small pistol safe that has a mechanical lock only?
Thanks

Reactions
I have one as well. VERY well made. It took awhile to get it but maybe they're caught up now. I agree with dao...definitely worth the money.

OP
C
Reactions
Thanks for the feedback guys! Can one be mounted vertically on a wall? Also, can a hole be drilled in the side to attach a security cable?

Reactions
I have the one that opens from the front. So not the "Auto Lock Box". It has four holes on the bottom, that's it. I suppose you could mount it on a wall but you have to reach down into the safe to get the pistol. The door is spring loaded but I'm not sure if the spring is strong enough to lift the door upwards. If I had to guess I'd say not and the knob for opening wouldn't make a great handle.

The Auto Lock box opens more like a clam shell. You could probably wall mount it but then you'd have to have a way of securing your gun in the safe so it wouldn't just fall out. You might be able to just "lean" it in there. Not sure how deep those ones are.

You could drill addtional holes...but I wouldn't want to. It's a fairly heavy guage steel.

Reactions
I'm looking at the same Fort Knox pistol safe. With young kids in the house I don't want to leave the bedside pistol in the open.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom