JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Former UN Ambassador: Obama Will Target Gun Ownership in Second Term

In my opinion, the biggest problem facing 2A rights in this country is apathy. Difficult questions that come to my mind:

How many gun owners will even bother to vote?

How many more will do nothing but just pay their dues to the NRA and then complain when things don't go their way?

How many will do nothing at all and then p#$$ and moan when even more draconian laws get passed?

Please don't answer these questions here, I was just hoping to stir some thought. We who are responsible citizens and gun owners should be more responsible for who we elect, or allow to be elected.

What a slanted article!! Uses all kinds of disparing remarks when talking about Bolton and good remarks when talking about Obwan!

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Agreed - we can't rest on our recent successes and call things good. The "gun safety crowd" (Gun banners) are amping up and we need to be one step ahead.

What a slanted article!! Uses all kinds of disparing remarks when talking about Bolton and good remarks when talking about Obwan!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Ambassador Bolton was an abject failure at the UN. Why? He spoke the unvarnished truth in that duplicitous ninny-bin. I do not doubt he is close to the mark in his views on threats to the 2A.

Ambassador Bolton was an abject failure at the UN. Why? He spoke the unvarnished truth in that duplicitous ninny-bin. I do not doubt he is close to the mark in his views on threats to the 2A.

Bolton verbally lambasted the UN many times before his nomination, and the senate refused to approve him, so W put him in on a recess apointment. One would have to wonder why someone who so hated the UN would serve as our ambassador, just as one would have to wonder why W felt it necessary to pick him? What you don't have to wonder about is why he was useless in that role, as he was hated by every one else there.

But I like the big ad for the John Birch Society at the cite, really a sign you've found a 'veritiable treasure trove' of objectivity!

If hes going after keeping guns from getting in the hands of the likes of Jared Lee Loughner, Dylan Klebold, and Cho Heung Sui, then Ill probably vote for Obama imposing restrictions since those firearms owners give a bad name to everyone with a firearm since these mass-murderers used them in their crime.

If a person is too mentally unstable to get into the Marine Corp or Army, such as Mr. Loughner, or getting kicked out of community college til he passes a mental evaluation, then I don't think allowing him to enjoy firearms is a healthy pass-time for him to correct his mental state.

Look up the history of the Tec-9, some guns were developed specifically for use in crime, rather than law-abiding gun ownership.

Oh and John Bolton is a freaking joke of a "UN Ambassador" hes a neo-con that supported that 3 trillion dollar debacle in Iraq.

If hes going after keeping guns from getting in the hands of the likes of Jared Lee Loughner, Dylan Klebold, and Cho Heung Sui, then Ill probably vote for Obama imposing restrictions since those firearms owners give a bad name to everyone with a firearm since these mass-murderers used them in their crime.

If a person is too mentally unstable to get into the Marine Corp or Army, such as Mr. Loughner, or getting kicked out of community college til he passes a mental evaluation, then I don't think allowing him to enjoy firearms is a healthy pass-time for him to correct his mental state.

Look up the history of the Tec-9, some guns were developed specifically for use in crime, rather than law-abiding gun ownership.

Oh and John Bolton is a freaking joke of a "UN Ambassador" hes a neo-con that supported that 3 trillion dollar debacle in Iraq.

Be sure to turn in all your firearms on the way out.

As a criminal justice major, I like to be familiar with a tool that I may have to carry on me everyday as part of my future job in enforcing the law.

Also they dont allow mentally unstable people to work in my field, so what I said does not apply to me at all. Sorry. I also have a clean criminal record, but for traffic related infractions.

I don't think mentally unstable people should possess firearms, I don't think that should be objectionable to anyone, whether your pro-gun or anti-gun.

Obvious-troll-is-obvious-atsof-17301744-702-475.jpg

Well redcap if you have an issue with me, which you clearly do, take it up with an admin. But hijacking threads with big picture posts is immature IMO.

I suggest you read over the forum rules and try to find which ones Ive violated.

Hate to break it to you, but with front running candidates like Donald Trump the republican party is pretty much screwed.

2A issues alone won't win a presidency.

I don't think mentally unstable people should possess firearms, I don't think that should be objectionable to anyone, whether your pro-gun or anti-gun.
Please define "mentally unstable."
When you are done there, please remember that unless the definition is cast "in stone," that it may some day be perverted to include people that like to do the things you do.
For instance, many people on the left will tell you that the desire to defend yourself or your property with deadly force because somebody wants to take your car is irrational and a sign that you are "mentally unstable."
Because no car, even if it's your only mode of transportation, is worth a human life. Even if that "life" has a long criminal record, is addicted to meth, and just raped a woman and needs your car for a getaway,...

Hence you are now considered "mentally unstable" and are not qualified to own a gun.

Thank you for your time, the psychiatrist's office is down the hall. Good-bye!

The dotgov is famous for changing the ground rules. Be careful what you wish for.

Guys no one gets banned for their opinion here. If we all agreed on everything this would be a very boring place. We could just meet here a few minutes a day and give each other a digital high five and sign off.

2A issues alone won't win a presidency.

But they may be enough to force Obwan out of office (Project Gunrunner scandel) or keep him from being re-elected

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Guys no one gets banned for their opinion here. If we all agreed on everything this would be a very boring place. We could just meet here a few minutes a day and give each other a digital high five and sign off.

this.
not that i agree with him either, but he gets his say just like everyone else

Wow, funny how superjew got jumped on like that. Maybe he is a troll, IDK, but all he really said was mentally unstable people should not possess firearms, and did not address the means of enforcement or how to determine that. I fully agree that any regulation like that could turn very bad depending on who was in authority, but for the purposes of this discussion, if the simple question were put to you, "should mentally unstable people have the right to possess firearms", how would you answer? If the power to oversee guns in america were given to you, would you allow mentally unstable people to possess firearms? How would you determine who was and wasn't? And yes, I am very much in favor of 2A.

[/SIZE]
As a criminal justice major, I like to be familiar with a tool that I may have to carry on me everyday as part of my future job in enforcing the law.

Also they dont allow mentally unstable people to work in my field, so what I said does not apply to me at all. Sorry. I also have a clean criminal record, but for traffic related infractions.

Gonna have to hold my nose on that one its stinks some. You would fit right in on the PPB....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top