JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im not trolling, I just don't fit in with your average gun owner which rubs people the wrong way. When I go to my local gun store to look at the beautiful firearms in the display case, I have the only miata in the whole freak'n parking lot, lol.

I am sorry you guys feel this way that I am purposefully stirring up trouble, I think you should be glad that some hardcore democrats like myself have taken an interest in firearm ownership and think it should be a non-partisan pro-constitution issue and not simply one for conservatives. I think I could sway some of my fellow democrats to see things your way on firearms if I allowed them to fire off my Beretta M9 (please leave the trash talk about the firearm I chose to buy, in my PM box) at the local range, might change their whole outlook on why firearms shouldn't be restricted like they are in Canada.

For example, the gun owner inside me thinks that magazine's should not be limited to 10 rounds, Ive seen enough MSNBC pundits for them to tell my fellow democrats otherwise, but I strongly disagree. I can understand why you have a low opinion of people on the left since they do attack gun rights, but Im not a single issue voter. If I were though, I would not be a democrat.

USMC1911 everyone has to get there start somewhere, I think I can do a lot of good in peoples lives by following a career in the criminal justice field, it has been a dream of mine to be part of the solution for many years, and I am sorry that you look down on me for trying to improve society and peoples lives by giving direct supervision to people who have strayed off the path from being a productive member of society. If that is frowned upon by you, then so be it, I can't change your opinion, but I generally have a high opinion of people who serve the public and the nation as well, since you have USMC in your name, I appreciate any service you have done for this country even if you look down on me trying to do the same.

Now back on topic. Although mentally unstable could be a broad definition that applies to almost anyone whos had a bout of anger or what not, there are some people who are more likely to abuse a firearm than use it for good. You wouldn't allow a blind man to drive a car would you?

SuperJew:

People like you are why we get things like the AWB. You sound like Bill "No one needs more than 10 rounds" Ruger.

These people don't' want to stop Laughner, they want to stop everyone. This has been proven so many times in the past no more proof needs to be given. And once you open that Pandora's of "mentally unstable," (With no involuntary commitments) I can absolutely guarantee you the next step is everyone who's ever been on anti-depressants when a relative died. It's not a slippery-slope fallacy, it's a slippery slope that's been demonstrated in recent history, in this country, time after time.

Well regardless how you or I feel on the matter, I am pretty sure that the current POTUS is not going to spend any of his limited politcal capital amongst independents and mainstream American's on limiting firearm usage in this country. If 3/4's of the nation wanted it to happen then he might look into it, but the polls are either 50/50 or in favor of not passing any federal restrictions on firearms in this country.

THe AWB did a lot of damage to the Democrats, politically speaking. It wasn't a heavily favored policy to begin with, and Obama, or the majority of Democrats in the house and senate trying to pass another AWB would be essentially, political suicide. The gun lobby is quite strong in this country, and it is something to fear amongst your average democratic politician. If the public opinion changes, then he might go after it, but jobs, the economy, the debt, etc. are much more pressing issues to most Americans than firearms laws in this country.

edit: If bleeding heart liberal Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders ever gets to POTUS, then I would be fearful of new anti-gun laws being passed. But I think the run on ammunition and high-capacity magazines was all a bunch of hype over nothing, it more had to do with them not trusting the man than actually foreseeing him running his campaign on a hidden agenda for keeping firearms out of Americans hands.

Im not trolling, I just don't fit in with your average gun owner That line alone leads me to believe you have no understanding of this topic. What is the average gun owner? Randomly assigning characteristics to a group by the dropping of a label is not a trait I would seek in any law enforcement official. Please enlighten our unwashed masses with your brilliance and describe the average gun owner After that, use your extreme skills to delineate the characteristics of: The average electric can opener owner, the average crescent wrench owner, the average cell phone owner, etc etc etc.

You might want to grow up a little and get some life experience before casting your wisdom around like you do.

thank you but Im already grown up. I think the fact that people have alienated me on this forum and accuse me of trolling is evidence enough that I dont fit in with your ilk like some people do. Unless this is how you treat everyone who isn't a frequent member on this forum, I dunno, maybe the community here is entirely hostile to n00bs. I have no idea.

Again with the generalizations. I deal in specifics. You can't paint with a broad brush and expect to go unchallenged. You say you are a student,(hence my suggestion to grow up a little), but you display no intellectual discipline. Argue factual points, state beliefs, make logical statements and you will get nothing but pointed and germane responses from me. Generalizations are for the mentally lazy or the uneducated.
(FYI, people of my ilk share my background in federal law enforcement and military service.) You are welcome to state your beliefs here, but don't expect a free ride. You have been savaged by some who are just as intellectually lazy as you, but don't give up. Take the high ground and use intellect and logic to respond. Let the crazies bark at the moon, you don't have to emulate them.

thank you but Im already grown up. I think the fact that people have alienated me on this forum and accuse me of trolling is evidence enough that I dont fit in with your ilk like some people do. Unless this is how you treat everyone who isn't a frequent member on this forum, I dunno, maybe the community here is entirely hostile to n00bs. I have no idea.

Relax, if you say what you say you will have to dodge thrown pies. Up until your showing up I was the resident troll, paid operative, and destroyer of all that is pure, holy, and perfect, lol.

I, like you, believe that responsible gun owners should make some small deals in order to put distance between ourselves and the crazies, otherwise when the SHTF we will be treated as them, in the arena of public opinion and related legislation. The edgy anti gun people are not willing to compromise either, they only play at that game to get incremental victories, that will be to us - incremental losses. So, even compromise is no assurance of any end term results, and no one can clearly see the future.

I think its a lost cause, and we should just enjoy our toys while we are still allowed to have them.

BUGEYE: Up until your showing up I was the resident troll, paid operative, and destroyer of all that is pure, holy, and perfect, lol. You have just been promoted to Senior Troll Commander. :s0114:

Im not trolling, I just don't fit in with your average gun owner which rubs people the wrong way.

I actually found your 'road rage' thread more of a troll than what you posted here. Go back and read your posts. Be sure to read what you actually posted and not what you were trying to say. You were begging people to challenge your car, your views on abortion, your living situation and your career choice. Even your screen name screams challenge me and yet you describe yourself as timid. None of that has anything to do with the 2nd A or gun issues in general.

I agree with Tlsmn that if we all thought the same thing this wouldn't be a very interesting site and I agree with you that 2nd A is not a political point of view. You will actually find that stated in the NWFA AUP and that's why we don't talk politics outside of gun issues. Personally I like reading Bugeye and CEF's posts (there are others but those two are the primary liberal POV that post on a regular basis). They require me to take a little extra time to ensure what I believe and why I believe it.

I don't have an opinion on the UN other than it's a waste of time.

To your specific suggestion that more regulation in regard to mental health might be in order; I cannot dissagree with you more. Mental health is subjective. Just look at how well managed the 'no fly' list is. Tell me this mental health registry would be any different. I'm a very litteral guy; 'shall not be infringed' is very clear in my mind. That doesn't mean as long as it's for sporting purposes or has less than 10 rounds or isn't full-auto etc. I would even argue that being a felon does not preclude you from being an American with the 2nd A provisions.

More laws do nothing but infringe on our freedoms. If you like craddle to grave, housing for everyone, meals included w/free health care and cable/internet for all it's available now in a place called prison.

I don't think mentally unstable people should possess firearms, I don't think that should be objectionable to anyone, whether your pro-gun or anti-gun.

If a person is severely unstable, that person should be committed to a hospital. The commitment process should be a legal proceeding. The commitment to the hospital should have rules that prevent the mentally unstable from possessing ANYTHING harmful (pills, baseball bats, automobiles, knives, bows-and-arrows, matches, etc .....). Otherwise, the person is a normal citizen and should be allowed to posses weapons and other dangerous items.

I feel the same way about criminals: Those who ARE criminals should be in prison. The prison rules should be "no weapons". Those outside of prison should be free to own a gun. If a person is safe enough to be walking among us outside of prison, he should be safe enough to walk among us with a weapon.

BUGEYE: Up until your showing up I was the resident troll, paid operative, and destroyer of all that is pure, holy, and perfect, lol. You have just been promoted to Senior Troll Commander. :s0114:

LOL... and the Troll-King slowly amases his armies troll by troll for the inevitable onslaught and conflict between Conservative WIN, and Progressive/Liberal EPIC FAIL..... their thrist only slackened by the contents of your wallet, then when depleted and ruined they demand your very soul..... MUAHAHAHahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaal! :s0131:

Nope, I got promoted once before and they demoted me as soon as I refused to eat the lutefisk.

I'm not trolling , but 75% of elected Democrats Nationally are ardant Anti 2A ,and 75% of elected GOP Nationally are pro 2A ...

Really, is this result from a poll you just took in the bathroom based on the number of floaters?
OK, you have a point even though your numbers are a tad stinky!

LOL... and the Troll-King slowly amases his armies troll by troll for the inevitable onslaught and conflict between Conservative WIN, and Progressive/Liberal EPIC FAIL..... their thrist only slackened by the contents of your wallet, then when depleted and ruined they demand your very soul..... MUAHAHAHahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaal! :s0131:

That would make a good comic book!

Nope, I got promoted once before and they demoted me as soon as I refused to eat the lutefisk.

a921eafd.jpg

Wonder how much stock this guy has in the gun industry....
When it was clear the OLD MAN and the STUPID WOMAN weren't gunna win.the gun sales went wild.
This should send them sideways.

I'm sure that no marketing executives were hurt in this survey.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top