JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am so efin mad at what I just heard on my way home from work. I was listening to KOMO News radio and Greg Hersholdt was talking about the gun speech Obumer will be giving today. He reported that a Cheif of a county Sherriff in a county in Oregon has wrote a letter to Joe Biden, stating that he and his force will not enforce any new gun laws. Then Greg Hersholdt played a clip of Norm Stamper and his view on the 2nd amendment. Norm Stamper stated, and I quote; "after reading the 2nd amendment, I think it does more harm then good." WTF is that? Greg Hersholdt went on to say that Norm Stamper would be in favor of abolishing the 2nd amendment. I say he should be arrested for treason.

I'll quote the blithering idiot so everyone can see his real words.

[...] we resolve to become, in the president's aspirational words, "better than this."How do we accomplish that? Through repeal of the Second Amendment, and the enactment of a new constitutional amendment.
The Second Amendment -- elevated to a state of holiness, its problematic comma debated for decades and "resolved," for the moment, by the Supreme Court -- is a relic. It made sense when it was written. It does not make sense now.
What would a new "right to bear arms" amendment look like? If I were writing it, it would contain provisions for:
• Registration of all firearms;
• Licensing of all gun owners, predicated on completion of a background check and a passing score in a reputable gun-safety course;
• Safe and secure storage and transport of all firearms;
• Criminal and civil penalties for owners whose guns have fallen negligently into the hands of violent felons, minors, the mentally ill;
• Ban on all assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, except for those possessed by the military and law enforcement;
• Ban on so-called "armor-piercing" handgun bullets;
• The elimination of the infamous gun-show loophole in the Brady bill.

Read more at Norm Stamper: Repealing the Second Amendment Would Make Us 'Better Than This'

Looking around a bit more, I found this little gem of a qoute from Norm. Kind of puts why SPD is being watched by the Feds into perspective.

During my rookie days back in the sixties as a San Diego police officer I used excessive force, more than once. I remember most of the incidents, though I'm sure I've conveniently forgotten some.

I just caught something. He may not know what the hell he is even talking about. In Moose's first post of Norm's quote. The second to last line???????????????????????????????
Isn't armor piercing pistol rounds already banned? Are those called "Cop Killers"? I think those were banned in the true "assualt weapon" ban of 1986. No more private ownership of REAL asualt rifles. Not my semi look alike.

Oh come on...The Sheriff did you guys a favor by making himself a target! :) He's saving you the trouble by identifying himself as one of the gun snatchers. What a MORON!!! :s0114:

I better make myself clear on this or I'm liable to get a lot of nasty responses from you guys - I'm with you 100% and don't intend to roll over for any new gun laws! NONE!!!!!

,,,and if someone steals your car, and kills another you should go to "PRISON"

Don't be ridiculous. Someone steals your car, you are not negligent, unless maybe the keys are in it, it's running, the door is open, and you leave it on a a street. Not even comparable.

Wear it or lock it up.

Those should be the only two options. A broken into safe cannot arguably fall into the "negligent" camp. There are tax rebates for energy efficient dishwashers, there should be the same for a minimum level of security (safe) as well.

If the problem is the person, not the "tool", the problems with the people need to be addressed. Screen in good ones, screen out bad ones. It's pretty simple.

I saw that interview on the 11pm news on komo,no wonder Seattle police are having so much trouble,they were led by a complete idiot years ago when stamper was chief,it's just now starting to show. I'm sure there are some good officers in the spd,but any that were led by that *** should be the ones that are watched.

I saw the interview with Stamper. Like most police chiefs of larger cities he's a product of the liberal political system - hired by and accountable to city councils and mayors. Maybe it's time for chief of police to become an elected office like sheriffs (although the ultra-liberal people in Seattle probably wouldn't do much better than Stamper). But still - the great majority of people would not tolerate repeal of the 2nd Amendment and Stamper has shown himself to be a shining example of how fouled up these council/mayor choices can really be.

I am so efin mad at what I just heard on my way home from work. I was listening to KOMO News radio and Greg Hersholdt was talking about the gun speech Obumer will be giving today. He reported that a Cheif of a county Sherriff in a county in Oregon has wrote a letter to Joe Biden, stating that he and his force will not enforce any new gun laws. Then Greg Hersholdt played a clip of Norm Stamper and his view on the 2nd amendment. Norm Stamper stated, and I quote; "after reading the 2nd amendment, I think it does more harm then good." WTF is that? Greg Hersholdt went on to say that Norm Stamper would be in favor of abolishing the 2nd amendment. I say he should be arrested for treason.

We have a pretty high bar for treason in this country. From bitter experiences of how "treason" was prosecuted under kings. If you'd read the constitution you blithely assert, you'd know this.

Article 3 of the United States Constitution:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Just because he's a jerkwad political hack and lies, doesn't mean he's treasonous. The term you're looking for is SEDITIOUS, a term we treat with equal care, again, out of bitter experience from that term's mis-use and abuse by those in power.

Just remember that anything you advocate for use against an enemy is something you are advocating for use against YOURSELF.

By YOUR definition, half the posters on this site could be rounded up by the Feds tonight. -I don't think that's a mark I'd like to set for exercise of judicial/legal power. Do you?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top