JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Michael Fanone has some interesting points (not intelligent points just points). There for I say, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch. :s0124:

I'm going to post some lines I read from a CNN article by Michael Fanone who is a CNN law enforcement analyst who served for 20 years with the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department. Link to article here: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/opinions/guns-ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-fanone/index.html

I thought many of these quotes were really weird and some downright face palming: (I will use parentheses when injecting my own thoughts/rebuttals)

(Th
There are untold numbers of "former Cops" running around. What one "thinks" matters none to me. Sounds like another case of someone who has appointed himself and expert and he loves to tell anyone who will listen to him just how smart he is. That he does hits for CNN tells me all I need to know.

I have almost no interest in any of the AR or AK platform rifles. Just not my thing. That said this guys an idiot. Cause if he thinks an AR is a problem he should meet my M1 Garand. And my 1858 Remington New Model Army in .44 will make a big mess and its a 160+ year old design.

I'm going to post some lines I read from a CNN article by Michael Fanone who is a CNN law enforcement analyst who served for 20 years with the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department. Link to article here: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/opinions/guns-ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-fanone/index.html

I thought many of these quotes were really weird and some downright face palming: (I will use parentheses when injecting my own thoughts/rebuttals)

(Throughout the article, he doesn't elaborate further on why he thinks this... and he doesn't explain how anyone was misled. What were they told that misled them? Nobody knows, apparently.)

(How many people have you talked to? I could give you an answer instantly: they're accurate, fun on the range, and has a lot of power)

(You had me at the ad hominem, but I'm still confused why the idea of tyranny is unfathomable when so many other countries have done it, and are doing it right now)

(I don't think that's how bullet proof vests work... if it slices through like butter then you're wearing a vest from wish .com)

(we all know how accurate the police are...)

(Feeding dozens of rounds in the space of minutes? That sounds like literally any gun in existence if you can reload even at half-pace. You still haven't gone over why we are singling out an AR-15 for having 30 rounds magazines and not pretty much any other semi auto rifle, or even some extended magazines on handguns..)

(Michael, come on man, you literally just said the police all have AR-15's, but somehow were still overmatched to a single shooter? The police didn't even try to go in, waiting outside for an hour and doing nothing.)

(It is a fact that they did. The police have those rifles, too. There's pictures of them with them... Or is this a plea to up their budget? I'm not following.)

(Wouldn't it be great if people didn't murder? I think you just solved violent crime, Michael)

(A dollar per round for a .223 or 5.56? Where the bubblegum are you shopping for ammo at? I've seen cheaper prices than that in California. Especially when you get a LEO discount on ammo in a lot of places)

(is that for you to decide what people need? How would you know what the needs of someone is? we call that a slippery slope)

(I think you're overestimating the arguments you made if you meet them to the conclusion of 'no brainer')

(As are the law in almost every state in the country. And when people in one of those states receives a background check, passes it, then commits a violent crime, nobody brings up the fact that he passed the background check)

(What?! That's literally what confiscation is. You just contradicted yourself about 3 times in one sentence.)

(first off, good luck getting that past a supreme court. Second, this would just push people to the black market where you have even less control)

(So people 21 and older are emotionally stable? (obviously not - a lot of the mass shootings he references were carried out by people 21 and older). 18 year olds are a huge risk? Why are they allowed to join the military then, and fire actual machine guns?)

(Civilian demand doesn't equate to criminal demand. In fact, if civilian demand is down, criminal demand is usually up. And that goes for any product or service.)

(They really don't, because it's impossible to know what someone's intentions are when they purchase a gun. They can say it's for self defense and pass any test you give them, then immediately go out and commit a violent crime with it.)

(Most PD's have AR-15's, body armor, and ammo, so I don't know why they would worry about being outgunned by another AR-15..)

Overall I think this article is completely stupid and I would like to hear what this community thinks.
OP, I'd say your analysis of this joker's comments is spot on.:s0155:
Good assessment.:s0155:

I have almost no interest in any of the AR or AK platform rifles. Just not my thing. That said this guys an idiot. Cause if he thinks an AR is a problem he should meet my M1 Garand. And my 1858 Remington New Model Army in .44 will make a big mess and its a 160+ year old design.
Try these - L-R - ..577 Snider 600gr lead, .577-450 485gr lead, ditto and ditto, .303 British. - the most recent at 135 years old. ALL will serious discommode you.

1675851220372.png
1675851372897.png

Obviously anti-gun. One of the problems is we have allowed the firearms narrative to be framed in terms of the right to "self-defense", but only in "defense" from criminals. The Second Amendment obviously includes that right as it was a given in 1791, but the primary point was to provide a check on an authoritarian government oppressing the citizens. No, an AR-15 may not be the most effective arm for in home defense and it is a little difficult carry concealed for defense in an urban situation. (Yes, there is open carry, but that is not the necessarily the most efficacious approach to the problem in most circumstances.) Personally, I won't discuss what I actually own, but my preference for defense would be a pistol on the street and a 20-gauge semi-auto shotgun with as short a stock as possible in the home. If I am forced to deal with defense from the authoritarians I want as much firepower as possible so I guess an A4 with multiple 30 rounders as possible would be a start.

At work a while back, a discussion came up regarding the guy(s) that were regularly parading around Beaverton streets with an AR on their back, inviting attention in order to "have a discussion" with cops about open carry, 2A, etc. (Some with Go-Pro's rolling.)

Me: "If the cops just decided amongst themselves to not keep contacting these guys after they've been checked out, they'd get bored and quit doing it. Besides, its no different than walking down the street with a Bible."

Fellow Employee: "Well, NOBODY's ever killed anybody with a Bible!"

Me: "Now THERE's a DEBATE!"

At work a while back, a discussion came up regarding the guy(s) that were regularly parading around Beaverton streets with an AR on their back, inviting attention in order to "have a discussion" with cops about open carry, 2A, etc. (Some with Go-Pro's rolling.)

Me: "If the cops just decided amongst themselves to not keep contacting these guys after they've been checked out, they'd get bored and quit doing it. Besides, its no different than walking down the street with a Bible."

Fellow Employee: "Well, NOBODY's ever killed anybody with a Bible!"

Me: "Now THERE's a DEBATE!"
More people have died of having the wrong religion than anything else.

He has his own set of biases.
If I owned a gun store, I would NOT want him working for me.
Just because someone was a LEO doesn't mean they actually know anything about guns.
Or can shoot any better than the required annual qualifications.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top