JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's kind of a bummer story, since he seemed like a pretty harmless guy, but... he knew a lot of that stuff was illegal/stolen when he got it so he can't be completely left off the hook. I wonder what you could do in a situation like this if you had a stash like this and decided to "come clean?"

Move somewhere with more liberal gun laws

Find an inner-city cash for guns event and say..."you said No questions asked."

Donate it to a museum

We certainly don't have a perfect system by any means, but I'd venture to guess that in lots of other countries: the owner, the guy who found the stash and the guns would have all disappeared.

You have to admit, that's a pretty amazing collection.

Eddie

Yeah, I've considered bidding on the storage locker auctions... they let you look into the open door, but you can NOT enter the room, or touch anything. I learned of one chap, looked into the room, saw a couple of subtle clues as to the nature of the contents, and bid. No one else had a clue, so he got it for a song. Came round with his truck to relocate to his own place.... the cartons (typical cardboard records type boxes from Office Cheapo) were rather on the heavy side.... he was excited, but held his curiousness until he reached the safety of home. His wildest suspicions were confirmed as he realied he had a collection of OLD silver coins, many in near-mint condition, all properly preserved and catalogued..... rough guess was a couple hundred thou..... never said a word outside his family.

Yes, if I'd come into such a cache of weapons I certainly would NOT have called in BATF OR the FBI. I mean, if they'd been sitting idle for twenty, thirty years and not caused any harm, what makes anyone think they're suddenly dangerous, putting thousands of people at risk simply by being in proximity to them? Stupid govamint (non)think.

I would be rather chary of live grenades, however..... would likely call in some friend with specific knowledge of such things to examine and advise. Hmmmm. just might be the perfect tool to remove a handful of rather large trees growing in the wrong places here......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top