JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Former baggage handler at PDX accused of stealing guns from passengers' luggage pleads guilty

5bd3b56254d81.image.jpg

Trash indeed.

"A charge of possessing a stolen firearm carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years' supervised release."

Good luck squeezing blood out of a turnip with regards to the quarter million potential fine. As far as the 10 year prison sentence, that comes out of your and my pocket.

I best keep my personal feelings about the justified treatment of those who violate the trust of innocent Americans, while employed to supposedly keep us safe, to myself.

Trash indeed.

"A charge of possessing a stolen firearm carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years' supervised release."

Good luck squeezing blood out of a turnip with regards to the quarter million potential fine. As far as the 10 year prison sentence, that comes out of your and my pocket.

I best keep my personal feelings about the justified treatment of those who violate the trust of innocent Americans, while employed to supposedly keep us safe, to myself.

I wonder if that's 10 years per count, as he was convicted of 5 counts. Theoretically, that could be a long time, depending on if they are concurrent or consecutive sentences.

As was stated in a previous post, the way things are going in Portland (intersectionality in particular), this guy will probably get probation or if there is jail time, it will be minimal.

Ray

As others have mentioned I suspect he will get a slap on the hand. That will of course NEVER make the news. First the GOV. sets up ridiculous laws about flying with a firearm in luggage. Supposedly for safety. As in we all know criminals will climb out on the wing, break into where the baggage is stored, get the gun out and then climb back in the plane.
So we set up laws that they have to jump through all kinds of hoops to check them in. Still not seeing how this helped. Meanwhile we let the airport hire scum to steal the guns. It's why the last few times I flew I shipped the guns I wanted with me ahead of me, then shipped them back. To me it was worth the small price to not have to risk dealing with some moron robot at check in. Who "thinks" they know the law, and then risk scum like this stealing the damn gun. This of course will not work for everyone but if you can, it is a far better way to do it.

Last Edited:
What else was he, um, providing to the community?

"pleaded guilty to five counts of possessing a stolen firearm.
According to investigators, Kelly stole six guns over a two-month period in 2018 from travelers departing from PDX."

They couldn't charge him with the 6th, cause they didn't recover it?
Was he just looking in select bags? With time to get the gun too? Or, was he also acquiring shoes, electronics, collectibles, drugs (prescription) ???

The judge allowed Kelly to remain out of custody while awaiting his sentencing, which is set for July 29. He entered his plea without making a deal with the government, the prosecutor noted.
A felon in possession x5 and he is not in jail.

Last Edited:
Maybe he thought he was doing his part to get guns off of the street.

We all know that it is the law abiding citizens that are the problem.

Another good reason for using this as my pistol case when traveling. Article in Oregon live stated that some of the locks were damaged. SF085_1500_1.jpg

As others have mentioned I suspect he will get a slap on the hand. That will of course NEVER make the news. First the GOV. sets up ridiculous laws about flying with a firearm in luggage. Supposedly for safety. As in we all know criminals will climb out on the wing, break into where the baggage is stored, get the gun out and then climb back in the plane.
So we set up laws that they have to jump through all kinds of hoops to check them in. Still not seeing how this helped. Meanwhile we let the airport hire scum to steal the guns. It's why the last few times I flew I shipped the guns I wanted with me ahead of me, then shipped them back. To me it was worth the small price to not have to risk dealing with some moron robot at check in. Who "thinks" they know the law, and then risk scum like this stealing the damn gun. This of course will not work for everyone but if you can, it is a far better way to do it.
As others have mentioned I suspect he will get a slap on the hand.
I say cut said hand off and tattoo, I'm a thief on his forehead.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top