JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there any validity to what he says?

There certainly appears to be. I've wondered about this before. But don't believe for a minute that they won't take enforcement action anyway.

They will probably try to get Congress to go back and amend the act... Pandora and all that!!

I don't see what the problem is, felons are already prohibited from owning firearms, you mean to tell me that some felons don't follow the law, shocked, shocked I am I tell you.

There certainly appears to be. I've wondered about this before. But don't believe for a minute that they won't take enforcement action anyway.

They will probably try to get Congress to go back and amend the act... Pandora and all that!!
Amend the '34 or '68? That would mean anyone convicted before the amendment was innocent, wouldn't it?

And if amended the way some would want, would be an outright ban, which SCOTUS has ruled is not going to fly.

So we are in this middle squishy place where the interpretation of the law is heavily augmented with historically bad interpretations. This former ATF is just saying the has no clothes and those that are looking up are agreeing while others are continuing to avert their eyes and whispering to STFU...

That's what I got from the article

I get from the article.... the ATF has said "we wrote this law vague, and we will interpret it any way we want, so we can arrest you."

This is the same with soooooo many laws that are being written now-a-days..... :oops:

He is just pointing out the fact that the "law" is flawed, and has been for many years, and they (the ATF) knows it, but still continues to "use" it to go after the bad guys (and good guys too).

It will end up friking us in the end most likely. The end goal is to disarm us, either through popular vote, legislation or just jailing and killing those who will not comply. Make no doubt about it this country is slowly degrading into fascism and there is only one way to stop it.....

And most of us here know what that is so I do not have to say it outright...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads