JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do y'all think that the massive influx of eForm1s that will ensue in the next 120 days will bog down the eForm4 approval times?

With the recent pistol brace ruling, it's no doubt that a lot of people (millions of braces out there, even if only 1% register…) will be submitting eForm1s for their braced pistols. I JUST submitted my eForm4 a couple weeks ago for a sandman, and now I'm worried that this will add an extra 12+ months on the already-way-too-long wait for approval. Wanted to hear your guys' thoughts.

Going to be interesting because they have 88days to do the back ground check or it's a denial.they can barely get it done now. You thing 1-2 million forms coming in will get done in 88 days 😂😂😂

The earlier you submit your forms, the earlier you get your stamp. Until you have it in hand, just forget the whole thing. Not worth losing sleep over.

Going to be interesting because they have 88days to do the back ground check or it's a denial.they can barely get it done now. You thing 1-2 million forms coming in will get done in 88 days 😂😂😂
Yep, this 88 day thing is turning into a giant catch 22.
If you submit a F1 with pics, and it DOESNT get approved cause they went past 88 days, you might have just hung yourself to the tune of $250k fine and 10yr in prison.

You voluntarily gave the ATF proof, you ADMITTED, that you have an illegal SBR, with pics, and they now have ALL your up to date personal info.

As Admiral Ackbar famously said, It's a Trap!!!

Obvoiusly this is a all new and we'll have to wait to see what happens, but if it goes bad, hold on to your butts.

It's not that the form has to be done in 88 days it's the BG. The form will probably sit on a stack with a million others just like it for at least a year before they get to it. When they eventually get around to starting your BG is when the 88 day clock starts.
Of course all this is from the people who said it was legal in the first place, so skepticism is warranted and I don't blame you for being suspicious.

88 days for the BGC portion of an application that is given unlimited days to complete. You're misinterpreting the rule.

The BGC begins when it begins. Your application time begins when you submit it. These are not the same thing.

I recently heard about this rule and am skeptical about trusting anyone from this 3 letter agency. They have not been true to their words yet from what I can see. These things had their approval previously and they went back on their word, what's to stop them now?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top