JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen alot of talk about the PX4 storm. Seems people really like the way it handles. Seems like it is a damn solid shooter that a guy would be blessed to carry into battle. What I don't hear about too often is that its a pig nose fugly gun. Now maybe Im the only one that thinks this about the gun. After all not everyone's taste is the same as mine. However the point Id like to make is this; I've got a bug, or really more like a disease. An obsession of things made out of steel with fine shapes and lines that appeal to my eye, whether it be firearms, knives, or automobiles. A prius is a damn fine auto but its lines aren't beautiful to me so Id never own one. This idea also carries over to firearms. I may never buy a PX4 regardless of how fine it shoots. Am I wrong here? Isn't that the reason we buy so many firearms. We only need one to defend the fort. So why do I have a dozen or more? Did I buy them because they are all great shooters? Or did I buy them because I love the beautiful lines? Sorry px4 guys. Im not trying to pick on you. I don't know how beretta went from the beautiful 92 to that. The added barrel length of the SD model I actually might like but I haven't seen one in person.

SpecialDuty_pistol.gif

When the PX4 compact came out I totally fell in love with the feel in my hand but I was looking for a CC gun and it was pretty heavy steel for the size. Still would like to add the compact to my "pile" . I agree that the full size model is fugly but for some reason the compact model I find sexy even though it's just a bit smaller barrel length.

The full size models are a bit on the odd looking side but i used to feel the same way about the glocks too. then i got own one and fell in love with the way it looks. So people do come around on the form. I am a huge fan on the 92 and i am still not sure on the new direction but i guess every maker needs to have a flag ship polymer gun to stand behind now. I think the reason most people are put off by the px4 is the cosmetic design that beretta threw on the frame.

I've never bought a semi-auto for its looks...to me they're all ugly tools. I did buy a S&W Model 27 with a 3 1/2" barrel for its looks though and it is still one of the best looking revolvers out there......It's just plain beautiful!

The glocks beauty is in its simplicity. A brick with a trigger. All of these companies that "need a polymere gun to stand behind"; it all started with glock right? If not for glock we probable wouldnt have your M&Ps and your XDs.

800px-FRIDAYGLOCK.JPG

So I got "talked" in to getting a px4 storm compact for the old lady, she was using her Kimber ultra carry II with laser grip's but she wanted to try a something 9mm. It's not that she didn't like the kimber! She like's to change her gun's more then I change my sock's!!! Before we "I" put down $1500+ for a kimber ultra CDP w/laser grip's in 9mm (I have the .45 CDP) we looked around the house at my Glock,springfield,para,colt, S&W ect...ect. A Beretta pistol just might need to be in the line up. A friend let us try his px4 9mm out, after 500+ rounds I was sold! So we have one Now, hell I even think the little pistol is kinda cute! LOL But make no mistake it's a lot nicer to look at then a glock and has a lot more feature's. Great gun, good price and I can buy lot's of ammo with the $1000 saved

Last Edited:
The glocks beauty is in its simplicity. A brick with a trigger. All of these companies that "need a polymere gun to stand behind"; it all started with glock right? If not for glock we probable wouldnt have your M&Ps and your XDs.

You need to google "HK VP70." Glock popularized polymer pistol frames, they didn't come anywhere close to inventing them.

As far as form versus function, you sound as if you've never laid eyes on a Glock. They're ugly. Say what you will about the PX4, but there is a flow to its lines that is simply missing on the humpbacked and finger bump festooned plastic brick. Slick slide a PX4 like a Glock and it looks way better than the Austrian eyesore.

berettapx4.jpg

Then again, some vision impaired folks gave Sarah Jessica Parker a movie and television career despite her being a short, unshapely, big nosed, and horse faced woman. It's entirely possible there are in fact people out there who think Glocks are beautiful. If so, they are the SJP fans of the shooting world.

I like the PX4 looks. I also liked the way it felt in my hand. But I've always favored the unusual.

I also agree the Glock is an ugly brick. I had to sell mine because I kept forgetting if I was supposed to shoot at something or throw it through a window.

Yah glocks are fugly. I have the PX4 and the 92FS Inox. The PX4 is the most accurate gun I have shot. And I have shot a lot of pistols. Yah the looks are not the greatest to most. I think the guns lines are sweet. But that's me. The performance far out weighs the looks. I think the PX4 out performs most $800 pistols. I should know. My wife has a H&K P30 and I have the 92FS Inox. Hands down the PX4...
Just my opinion.

I love glocks, but they're fugly. The PX4 is fugly also. In fact - there's few polymer pistols that aren't fugly (the Sig Pro 2022 is the first I've seen that aren't entirely fugly, but they're not beautiful either). I buy Glocks because of the function. If the PX4 functions well - it's worth getting, even if looks like a sack full of bung holes.

Some guns shouldn't be duplicated in polymer either - I have yet to see a plastic framed 1911 that doesn't cause my stomach to churn.

If'n ya likes how they shoot, get one. Kind of like being with a fat or ugly partner - beauty is just a light switch or closed pair of eyes away so long as it feels good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top