JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at a move in the next yor two. How long does the atf take to approve these? I am wondering if anybody on the board has any recent experience with this. This will be for sbr, sbs and machine guns so this is not just a silencer thing. For example, plan is to rent a month or 2 minimum while house hunting. I presume I would need the address which would necessitate a short turn around time.

I am in no time bind at this point, but I would rather never be.

Move will most likely be to Idaho.

When I was getting ready to move to Idaho, I just put the address of the house I thought I was going to buy. Ended up with the one down the street. The first one I submitted was for a temporary transport, and the second was a for real move. I think they ended up mailing them to my new address, but I had followed up via email before the move and they emailed me a copy.
I'd just file a temporary, you can put one year for the dates of travel. Since it will be mailed to your current address. Then when you have your permanent address, just do a real change.

IIRC the time frame was only a few weeks, and you can email or fax it to them.

Good luck!

Obligatory IANAL but my recollection is that this is a notification and not a request for permission and there isn't really an obligation to wait for a reply
But that being said I would call the local ATF office and ask

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads