JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I am considering designing and producing my own suppressor. I have rather good size cnc, and an abundance of "scrap" material, such as ss and cobalt alloys. Anyway, back on point. My understanding of this, is that i would need a Form 1. basically fills out like a form 4. But it asks to submit a design. How vague can i be with this? The reason i ask, if i change the design my stamp would be void. I want to be vague so that i leave my self moderate amount of design change. But not vague enough to get rejected.

Example. Length of suppresor 10" plus or minus 1" would that fly?

Maybe i am not understanding what they are asking???

I would like to accomplish everything in a legal manor.

AND no i dont want to buy one. I want to BUILD one.

Its going on my r700-ruger 204....varmit shooting without hearing protection.

Thanks

You need to specify the length, diameter and caliber you are going to build it to. You can't say give or take an inch. You also can't make something and then later decide that you didn't like the baffle design and do another one for it. Once it's built it's built.

So they dont actually want a drawing? because if they didnt then why couldnt you change the baffle design? How specific must you be with caliber? Say, .2 cal? that would cover , 22lr, 223, 22-250, 204.

When a form 4 is filed, and you pruchase a .308 supressor, you are still able to use it on any caliber gun you would like.

I guess since it took so long to get a response, maybe there is a better source of knowledge for this. Does anyone know of such a place?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top