JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welll Im not quite local any more.

In any case quiet bore isnt the best option. Their K baffle sets are pretty loud. Plus they require a complteted form 1 be sent to them for them to ship to you. I know if you are doing it on the up and up you will have one anyway but I dont like sending personal information like that to anyone without some verification that it isnt going into the wrong hands someday .

The XRT kits are better choices for .22 IMHO. I'll look up their website later . He has a somewhat convoluted contact procedure.

Boy glad I found this thread. if anyone is looking for additional information I am happy to play my role. I have found a lot of information from FB group Form1 Basics (cans). On of the admins in the group has a patreon page that have a lot of great info. plus there are files in the group I have access to for sharing. PLEASE ALWAYS FILE PERMISSION SLIP BEFORE POKING HOLES.

@wired Do you know anything about this company? Quietbore ...I'm thinking about doing their .22lr form 1 kit for my 10/22. Seems to be some decent reviews, but wanted to check with someone more local.
They make a good kit but you have to have an approved form1 prior to them shipping you the kit. With 22 being so dirty I would recommend a ultrasonic cleaner. If you go with stainless steal obviously easier to clean. XRT also makes great kit for 22 but that is just from reviews I have read. I just finished up a modular kit from PEWPEW Solutions.

Be patient grasshopper. 4 weeks to 4 months is not uncommon.
Still waiting.. Just over 6 months now. I've called and get the same response… it's pending… I've used the "ask the experts" tab also and nothing…. I've gone over my application and it's solid. I followed the tutorial.. this sucks!

21 Days .

PXL_20210701_230844936.jpg

Mines not RDB although it may turn into one . I havent tried cutting back the mag release to clear glock mags on my RDB stuff and I hate doing that to a dedicated Glock lower unless I have another release to swap.

Beat me to completion. You and @RyanG90 made me build a Aero EP9 set SBR. Though this looks RDB?
Took it out this morning on the way to work. Rural road on a hill side. I'm that guy. Those aero lowers come with stupid heavy buffers . Like 8.8 oz or something like that and really heavy sprigs. I was concerned about it cycling 147 subs. Nope. Ran like a champ.

Took it out this morning on the way to work. Rural road on a hill side. I'm that guy. Those aero lowers come with stupid heavy buffers . Like 8.8 oz or something like that and really heavy sprigs. I was concerned about it cycling 147 subs. Nope. Ran like a champ.
I've run subs with pretty heavy buffers. Blowbacks are pretty reliable. I have a 10 ounce in mine and that's the usual weight I run in the blowbacks. That or the typical 7 ounce.

I havnt . Pretty close to the same though but I'll do one this weekend.
@wired: Any chance you've got any pointers on the differences between the silencer vs sbr particulars yet? I have my sbr form 1's in draft and I think Im ready to send but hoping you might have some helpful tips on what to watch out for before I do. Judging by some of the reported wait times, I'd hate to screw something up.

Great tutorial and a huge thanks for taking the time to post!

How common is the brand of firearm you are filing for? I recently built one from a lower and that company was relatively unknown. No one had ever done any NFA item with it. It caused me to go into pending research. It is similar to when someone makes their own model for suppressor on a form 1.

How common is the brand of firearm you are filing for? I recently built one from a lower and that company was relatively unknown. No one had ever done any NFA item with it. It caused me to go into pending research. It is similar to when someone makes their own model for suppressor on a form 1.
They're standard Colt M4 Carbines (LE6920's) being turned into MK18 SBR's. Nothing obscure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top