JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I followed your awesome tutorial and filed a form 1 today. Thank you for taking the time to put it together.
A few questions.
I printed off the documents as directed. The second set included the CLEO copy. Three pages sound normal? I just send these into the sheriff's office, no need for a cover letter?
Also, printed were the "ATF copy"
These are for my records, I believe?
As the fingerprint cards and cover sheet is all I send to the ATF?
Thank you in advance.

Yes, the cover letter and your prints go to the ATF

The ATF copy. I dodnt even bother printing that. You dont need it.

The CLEO copy goes to the local CLEO you put on the form who will probably promptly throw it in the trash.

Yes, the cover letter and your prints go to the ATF

The ATF copy. I dodnt even bother printing that. You dont need it.

The CLEO copy goes to the local CLEO you put on the form who will probably promptly throw it in the trash.
Thank you very much. You have been very helpful to me.

@wired

I filed my Form 1 for an SBR. I got the email with the Cover Letter and "Form" attached. Do I send all 9 pages of the Form to my CLEO? Or specific pages? Thank you for the help. :)

I don't see where it says "CLEO Copy". It's 9 pages, looks like page 2 and 3 are for CLEO but I just want to make sure.

You'll see red on the bottom. 3 pages are redacted and marked CLEO in red on the bottom.

One more question....

When and how will I know the stamp is approved? Mail?
ATF sends you an email. With the tax stamp approved form attached. You do not get the actual stamp via efile, just the PDF.

Ok great! Do I need to fill out anything on the CLEO forms? Any signatures or anything?
Nope, it's reacted to protect some information. I've never included anything but the three pages and mailed them.

You could honestly fold them into a paper airplane and throw them in the direction of the sheriffs office.

Nope, it's reacted to protect some information. I've never included anything but the three pages and mailed them.

You could honestly fold them into a paper airplane and throw them in the direction of the sheriffs office.

LOL yeah I gathered they aren't too worried about them. Thank you for the help sir!

I'm just excited to finally get my first Form 1 SBR going. The rifle itself is pretty much done, just sitting in jail in the safe until I get my stamp approved. :)

I efiled my form 1 On December 27, 2020. It was for a suppressor. I am on week four of waiting for approval. Just wondering if this is normal for a form 1 or should I be calling to see if there was an issue with mine?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top