JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just in case anyone is looking for info on current waits - I e-filed two form 1 SBRs:

Submitted 4/09 - Approved 6/07
Submitted 3/31 - Approved 6/08

Mailed fingerprints w/ tracking day after submission on each.

sbr2.jpg sbr1.jpg

Timeline post! Submitted two eForm1s for Trust with two responsible persons, used electronic fingerprints.
Submitted 1/16 - Approved 2/24 (27 business days)
Submitted 1/21 - DENIED 2/25! (this dummy fat fingered the serial number)
Resubmitted 2/26 - Here we go again... at least this time I have the 24 month exception letter?

Off to get one lower engraved!

Last Edited:
Timeline post! Submitted two eForm1s for Trust with two responsible persons, used electronic fingerprints.
Submitted 1/16 - Approved 2/24 (27 business days)
Submitted 1/21 - Approval pending (23 business days and counting)

Off to get one lower engraved!
Were these firearms you were going to submit anyway, or were these prompted by the ATF brace ruling?
Curious to know how the ATF is processing.

Thanks!

Were these firearms you were going to submit anyway, or were these prompted by the ATF brace ruling?

Thanks!
The first one was always planned as an SBR, if you look at my post history you'll see I bought the lowers within the first few days of this year. The second one was knee jerk to the pistol brace rule. This is not because I was going to build as an AR pistol, but because I figure if I changed my mind to re-build it as an SBR I should submit the paperwork as soon as I could to avoid the post Christmas free tax stamp rush.

Thanks!
I submitted 2 of the braced form1s earlier this month. I'll update when I hear back from them.

I have two that I want to do the free stamp thing on. I've tried to follow the other threads on how to do it but dang, way too much bickering and arguing about what is true and not true. Anyone who's done a free stamp care to do a write up on exactly what they did? Like, engraving-still unclear if it needs done, and photos-unclear if it needs submitted.

I have two that I want to do the free stamp thing on. I've tried to follow the other threads on how to do it but dang, way too much bickering and arguing about what is true and not true. Anyone who's done a free stamp care to do a write up on exactly what they did? Like, engraving-still unclear if it needs done, and photos-unclear if it needs submitted.
I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is no engraving required. However, the only way to put it into a trust is to do a Form4 after getting the free stamp, then the trust engraving would be required after the transfer. This is because the 4473 doesn't have a way to purchase/transfer a title1 firearm as a trust. Washington Gun Law on YouTube has a few videos that break down the entire process.

the standard photo of the gun's serial number / manufacturer engraving is required, same as a normal SBR form 1 (a full gun photo or brace was not).
It also says you can simply adopt the manufacturer's serial/engraving and waives the requirement you do so.

edit: this is filing as an individual not a trust. know nothing about the differences between the two.

Has anyone had any "hiccups" in the Form 1 E-file process? Specifically as a trust?

The process was more involved than I anticipated. I understood why everything was needed but didn't have everything readily available the first shot through so had to do the form in segments.
It didn't help that I didn't have a printer or scanner at home and so had to go to my workplace any time I needed to print or re-scan a signed document.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top