JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, newbie to the forum here, finally joined today after reading tons of posts on here over the past week. Ok so to the point, I am in the process of building my first Form1, here is what I've purchased for it so far:

---Tube--- 8.5", "King Cobra D-cell 7075 Aluminum Blast Tube" from prepper's discount, w/solid end cap & 1/2x28 adapter
---Tube Specs--- OD: 1.7"
ID: 1.35"

---Cups/FUTURE baffles--- "D Sized Super Aluminum threaded Cup Inserts" made in house by prepper's discount. 14 total cups
---Cup Specs--- OD: 1.326"
.625" tall per cup
---Spacer Spring Length--- 2.3"

1st question: Will these particular cups handle standard 5.56? Before you jump me for choosing these cups, just know I can't fix it now, they're here (lol). Looking to use it for coyote hunting, nothing super rapid succession.

2nd question: Where can I find deep, 50-60° QUALITY SS cones that will properly fit into the 1.35" internal diameter tube I currently own? I'm really digging the super duper shorty ss skirt cups from Pure Performance Armory, however they don't offer any cups smaller than 1.355" in diameter.

Any and all help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Really excited to start building this one and then building more in the future as well!! Thanks in advance!!

Can aluminum at the right thickness handle the pressure? Yes.

Is aluminum soft, prone to erosion? Yes.

Solvent cups direct has stainless cups similar to that you are looking for.

If you look at the material properties of most aluminum, when a few hundred degrees of heat is applied, you get the mechanical properties of bubble gum......it's soft. Aluminum should never be used on a suppressor, unless you've wholly adopted the disposable culture of America, or have made a poor material choice.

Do your research and look at what mechanical properties your aluminum alloy has at room temp and again at say.....500 degree. Now compare those numbers to that of mild steel. Big big difference.

I've built a couple full titanium 6al-4v form 1 suppressors. Tubing in that alloy cannot be formed, it must be machined, because of stress created in the forming if tubing. So of course I machined my own 6al-4v tube from solid bar stock. My grand children can use these things......one day.....once they've been born. Material choice is important.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top