JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shouldn't fill out forms and send them in when completely exhausted. Sent in a Form 1 application today, got home from work and noticed the fingerprint card still on my desk. Ugh.
What do I do?
My thoughts are, send in a letter explaining the missed card, include the card and a copy of the first page of the application.
What say you?

Mailed the original application in this morning. What alloted timeline?
I was thinking electronic filing. You have up to ten business days to get the fingerprints sent if filing electronically.

Call them tomorrow and see if it is cool sending them separately. I don't see why that would be an issue as they have this already happening with efiled form 1s.

Was the Form 1 submitted via ye olde paper or the only slightly less archaic eForms? Later, no worries, just drop it off tomorrow. Former, I'd call the NFA Branch.

Called the ATF office. They said the forms go to US Bank here in Portland, but are processed elsewhere.
The person who answered the phone was helpful, and he suggested the following:
  • If I'm in a rush, send in another application;
  • If not in a rush, wait for them to write back and request the missing paperwork.

Why would anyone mail in a form 1 when Efile is operational? Since it will be disapproved without the print cards, get ahead of the curve and cancel it, then submit an Efile form 1. The Efile will be approved within 3 to 5 weeks.

True. While eForms is a total dumpster-fire of a system, with more bugs than a Tijuana flophouse, approval time is now floating around the one month range if one uses said.

My eforms were exactly 30 days after they received finger print card. I believe paper takes 3-4 times longer.
I would re file e form and mail your card as soon as you get the emails request (1-2 days after submitted)

Couple of tips from experience: fill out your 5320.23 online and print,save, scan first for upload or you'll get stuck in the process.
have your trust docs scanned and ready for upload, and have your pic scanned and ready. You can fill it out smoothly then.
Don't try to fill out forms on Wednesdays.
Save as you go.

Why would anyone mail in a form 1 when Efile is operational? Since it will be disapproved without the print cards, get ahead of the curve and cancel it, then submit an Efile form 1. The Efile will be approved within 3 to 5 weeks.
Snail mail form 1 is also at 5 weeks or less. Just did one and had my stamp back in 4.5 weeks from the day I put it in the mailbox.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top