JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone notice in times like these that the classifieds fill with cool stuff... But only at panic pricing?

More ammo for sale now than this time last year... But unfortunately its all 100-200 per case more than normal...

More guns, interesting guns hit the market ... But again with higher than msrp panic prices.

Just a rant.

I have bought some decent priced ammo lately.

You just have to be patient and know before hand what you want and what is offered - i.e., do your research first and be ready to jump on the good deals, otherwise someone else will buy it first. Don't jump on something you don't know is good stuff. Also know the online prices - I see ammo offered here for prices above retail/shipped - not worth it to me when I can have it shipped to my door for less.

Then there are the small quantities - not going to drive for an hour or two to buy 20 rounds of ammo for what I can have it shipped.

Yes, the prices have gone up, but you can still get ammo for an ok price if you are careful and patient.

Isn't this more of a "panic buying" rant? I mean, lamenting the prices of things for sale during a pandemic seems more like a buyer's viewpoint.

I wish I had stuff to sell right now. No way am I going to sell anything I have at this time! Fortunately, I don't *need* to buy anything, either.

I've made some awesomely low purchases when the economy was in the crapper.

The market is kind of chaotic right now.

Some people are panic buying because they are nervous about safety and access to what they want to buy. Among other motivations.

Other people see an opportunity to sell for a profit, and that is ok.

Yet other people need the $ more than what they are selling.

Or a mix of all of the above.

I traded a brand new pressure washer for a near new bushmaster at the pawn shop yesterday. And got 4 boxes of Winchester 45 acp. Felt like I did well. Thought it was a good time to add a other black gun to the safe due to unsettled times.

I have bought some decent priced ammo lately.

You just have to be patient and know before hand what you want and what is offered - i.e., do your research first and be ready to jump on the good deals, otherwise someone else will buy it first. Don't jump on something you don't know is good stuff. Also know the online prices - I see ammo offered here for prices above retail/shipped - not worth it to me when I can have it shipped to my door for less.

Then there are the small quantities - not going to drive for an hour or two to buy 20 rounds of ammo for what I can have it shipped.

Yes, the prices have gone up, but you can still get ammo for an ok price if you are careful and patient.

So your link has Wolf Steel as the cheapest available for .46/round.....[confused]

Oh, one more small point, limit 5 boxes and freight ain't free.

Anyone notice in times like these that the classifieds fill with cool stuff... But only at panic pricing?

More ammo for sale now than this time last year... But unfortunately its all 100-200 per case more than normal...

More guns, interesting guns hit the market ... But again with higher than msrp panic prices.

Just a rant.

Would you even notice if you weren't panic buying?

Im not panic buying, just cruise the classifieds occasionally

I am buying more than I would in calmer times, but not in a panic; I am trying to compromise between prices paid a year ago and what prices are being asked now, attempting to pay an average over a number of different transactions. My income was cut in half 4 months ago, then more this month, and more yet after the end of the year if I am right in my assumptions. I have some savings specifically set aside for this buy selling a rifle and ammo I didn't need, but I am burning thru that quickly.

I just picked up some practice ball ammo for a good price so that hole was filled, but now I need some practice ammo for another caliber and I would like to pick up another 1K of defensive ammo for that caliber. Then I can be a bit less concerned about my ammo supplies and only buy when there is a steal of a deal. I want to buy now though because if SHTF, then the panic will really hit the fan - I would rather have too much ammo than not enough. Worst case, I could sell/trade some off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top