Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Forest Shooting Area Near Vancouver

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by fyremaster, Aug 8, 2013.

1. fyremaster

fyremaster Vancouver, WA New Member

Looking for a good safe spot to take my wife shooting near the Vancouver/Camas area.

We are safe and will always clean up after ourselves and others if needed. Love the woods, camping, hiking, backpacking and shooting but don't like going indoor ranges or the english pit.

Thanks much.

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome!!!
    Hope you can find one, most are closed. My wife and I opted for a reputable shooting range where safety is job 1. I don't trust the yahoos out there anymore than I can throw them.
    Jim Sr.

3. fyremaster

fyremaster Vancouver, WA New Member

Thanks Jim. I definitely understand. There are some serious crazies out there. Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I can find one. Usually go out to the inlaws but they are having some neighbour issues right now that is preventing us.

4. WAcarry

WAcarry Olympia New Member

Go to Waguns.org
    At the top of the page they have a locator for shooting areas both ranges and woods. Shows map and GPS coords.

5. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

You can venture up to Wolverton Mt. Gun Club every second Sunday of the month. Every second Sunday is when the range is open to non-members for an awesome fee of $5.00 per shooter. All calibers are welcome.

6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I'll +1 Cuthbert's advice on taking the hike to Wolverton. It;'s like being out in the woods,but you have covered shooting benches and safe berms to shoot against.
    very hard to find any woods to shoot in around vancouver,its' all houses or restricted any more.

If youi'd like to shoot up there as my guest to see the place,let me know and we'll set something up.Also,the shooting events like upcoming pin shoots and ipsc shoots are open to the public,as are the trap shoots.

7. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

Wolverton is not you typical range. Really great folks up there, when there are any, beautiful drive, with stores close by. There are still a few memberships available too.