JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm getting my last minute toys before July 1, when I got this email:
Hello,
Our company policy prohibits us from shipping complete lowers to the state of Washington. This is mentioned on the terms and conditions page of our website. If you are not a Law Enforcement Officer, your order will be cancelled in 5 business days if not resolved beforehand.

If you are a Law Enforcement Officer with the intent to use this weapon in the line of duty, please provide a copy of your credentials and a letter on department letterhead signed by your department's superior officer stating that the firearm will be used for duty purposes. PSA only recognizes City Police Officers, County Sheriff Deputies, and State Police (including Highway Patrol) as L.E.O's.

If you are a Federal Firearms License holder, your web order will still be cancelled but you can continue your purchase through our Dealer Sales program. Please call John or Braedon in our Dealer Sales Department at 803-724-6655 or email [email protected] for more detailed information. ***Please do not contact dealer sales unless you are an FFL holder***

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,
Compliance Department
Palmetto State Armory
P: 803-724-6950
F: 803-788-7979

WTF? I read the terms etc, I see nothing about WA State.

I then got this follow up:

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience of the previous email you received – kindly disregard; we have since been informed as of last night that the legislature will not go into effect until next year! You order has since been processed permitted the item is still in stock.

We appreciate you and thank you for your business!

Best regards,
Compliance Department
Palmetto State Armory
P: 803-724-6950
F: 803-788-7979

Needless to say, my order won't arrive until 7/1, but the lower situation has been solved for now. Still, rather have gotten it Saturday 6/29, but hey.

The bigger question: What legislation passed that we can't buy complete lowers next year?
Patching 1639 already?

Note also that it says "our company policy," not "WA law prohibits."

While there was the big screwup of not including "other" firearms in WA's new background check scheme, they are not subject to any of the semi-auto assault weapon nonsense because they are not a rifle until assembled into one. The NICS extension is for them to fix the paperwork- there's no special new prohibitions on them.

This is PSA clumsily trying to comply with the law and messing it up, just like when they failed to notify buyers in 2018 that sales tax was due, as required by law, but managed to comply with the notifying the department of revenue about your purchase part. They are free to set whatever policy they want, but I won't shop at a vendor that self-censors their behavior beyond what the law requires.

I ran into this on another forum too where an 80% Glock kit seller did some armchair lawyering and said they would no longer sell the unfinished frames in WA, but would still sell the parts kits. No answer when I pointed out that the law prohibits any help to felons of any kind in assembling an "untraceable" weapon, and asked why they thought a prosecutor would consider them selling the frame to be meeting that definition but not selling every other part.

Yeah, I called them this morning about getting a PSAK-P shot over here asap, but she said even though its a pistol and shipps 2 day air, there was only a small chance that it would make it by friday due to them using UPS. She said they are still shipping to WA though. When I started the conversation I just asked about expedited shippung, and her first words were, "are you calling from Washington state?" I get the feeling they are getting slammed with calls and orders from here.

I personally gave up on trying, but I may still pick up a P365 and maybe a .410/.45LC of some type tomorrow.

Uppers are not firearms and can be shipped directly to your home; there is one exception, that being a certain bolt action 50cal upper...
Breaking News: ATF Is Classifying .50 Cal Bolt Action AR Uppers As Firearm -
I believe the Ruger Mark IV .22 pistols fall into this category as well. The serial number is on the upper receiver, and the most recent version (IV) you push a button at the back of the upper receiver and it pivots up and off of the lower receiver.
Mark IV™ Rimfire Pistols

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top