JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is one of a number of articles that have cropped up in the last few days. Google "APF (American Police Force) Hardin Montana" to read more. It gets curiouser and curiouser. I have read opinions that vary from Blackwater front to CIA backed Serb paramiitaries to Saudi backed goon squad. What do you guys think?

Foreign mercenary group taking over Montana town? (American Police Force Alert)
Red Dot in a Red State ^ | September 30, 2009 | Crush

Posted on Wed Sep 30 16:52:17 2009 by FatMax

The logo for the American Police Force, a mysterious security company that may or may not be taking over the town of Hardin, Montana is the same as a Serbian coat of arms.

APF appeared to be claiming jurisdiction over the town yesterday when three Mercedes SUVs belonging to the group arrived bearing Hardin Police markings. Trouble is, Hardin hasn't had a police department in 30 years and currently have a contract with the Big Horn County Sheriff's Office.

The mayor told the APF to remove the decals.

Michael Hilton, who might or might not be a spokesman for APF, said in a CBS/AP article that "the vehicles would be handed over to the city if it forms a police force of its own."

Free police cars sound too good to be true, especially considering that no contract has been signed, and the contract in question only covers the Hardin jail. Which interestingly enough, it was recently revealed that the company's operating agreement for the facility has yet to be validated - two weeks after city leaders first unveiled what they said was a signed agreement.

What did city leaders and APF agree to?

Hilton also said he planned a helicopter tour of the region in coming days to look at real estate for a planned tactical military training ground. He said 5,000 to 10,000 acres were needed to complement the training center, a $17 million project.

5,000 to 10,000 acres for what kind of training? This company claims the capability of fielding a battalion-sized team of special forces soldiers "within 72 hours," but who would they be training? Who will be conducting the training, and where would they come from?

APF said that the majority of their 200-plus employees (for a 464-cell jail) would be local hires, but the job fair that APF promised did not happen. They did, however, manage to hire a spokesman.

Becky Shay, a reporter for the Billings Gazette who covered events surrounding the jail since its construction. Shay said she intended to bring new transparency to the process, but declined to directly answer the first question posed to her: Where is American Police Force getting the money to operate the jail and build the training center?

"I know enough about where the money is coming from to be confident signing on with them," she said.

Hilton said he also had a job discussion with Kerri Smith, wife of Two Rivers Authority Executive Director Greg Smith, who helped craft the deal to bring American Police Force to Hardin. Greg Smith was placed on unpaid leave two weeks ago for reasons that have not been explained.

Kerri Smith just so happens to be running for mayor of Hardin.

I don't want to sound like some black-helicopter, tinfoil-hat conspiracist, but there is apparently something grievously wrong with the American Police Force. Quite frankly, these unanswered questions and falsehoods surrounding the APF should have disqualified them from operating in Hardin.

A full investigation should be conducted on APF before they can establish a beachhead in the United States.

Here is a link to another interesting article on this.

<broken link removed>

and here is the APF's very own web site. <broken link removed>

This article is a pretty good take on it as a scam.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Looks like an attempt to privatize a prison (which has been done before I believe). Except that these APF folks can't seem to get their shizzle together.

I saw this earlier over at accuratereloading and went looking. It apears as though the head of American Police Force is a bit of a huckster. I don't have all the links of the things I found, but here is one, with a few other links on that page. <broken link removed>
If you look up Micheal Hilton, it apears that he has several aliases, and quite a backround in scams. I don't know how he could benefit from this one, but I hope it is a scam. Otherwise, several scenes from Jehricho keep playing in my mind.

"Such schemes you cannot believe," said Joseph Carella, an Orange County, Calif. doctor and co-defendant with Hilton in a real estate fraud case that resulted in a civil judgment against Hilton and several others.

"The guy's brilliant. If he had been able to do honest work, he probably would have been a gazillionaire," Carella said.

Court documents show Hilton has outstanding judgments against him in three civil cases totaling more than $1.1 million.

As for Hilton's military expertise, including his claim to have advised forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, those interviewed knew of no such feats. Instead, Hilton was described alternately by those who know him as an arts dealer, cook, restaurant owner, land developer, loan broker and car salesman &#8212; always with a moneymaking scheme in the works.

This guy is made of fail.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top