JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I realize this is an old thread, but I'll throw this on here anyway:

I'm outfitting an AK47, setting this up mainly for the next generation - but I'd like to shoot it some too.

Looking for foregrip suggestions. Since the rail on this rifle isn't full- length, I can't mount a foregrip way out towards the end of the barrel. Putting it a bit closer to the mag well, I can't use a foregrip that's too big - it could interfere with mag changes.

So, I'm thinking the grip needs to be one of these four types: Stubby, angled, folding, or side-mounted.

I've seen some interesting/unusual models of foregrips online, and might just get a couple to test drive and compare. But maybe some of you soldiers or LEO will share your opinions about which foregrip you like best.

The angled grips look like they don't keep the shooter's fingers far enough off of a hot barrel.

View attachment 701155

View attachment 701156

This side-mounted one might be good.

View attachment 701153

View attachment 701152

Opinions and suggestions? View attachment 701154
Don't think much of the side mounted one. Even looks weird in the picture shown. I have one of the angled ones and there are a couple of different ways to hold it. I'd have to go find the name of it in my shop if anyone wants to know who makes it.

@Howard1955 If you wanna try out the PTK and VTS thumbrest combo, I'm willing to lend you mine--just keep it to a reasonable time and pay the shipping both ways. :) I think it'd fit in a USPS Small Flat Rate box...

That's mighty generous of you. Thanks for the offer, but I ordered that setup earlier today.

Edited to add:

Thanks to you all for your input. I'm planning to test the PTK for awhile.

Also, I found a supplier of a flexible heat-shield material that looks like it might be ideal for keeping fingers from getting scorched on a rifle. If it works, I'll post the results here. Still talking with the supplier at this point.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads