JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very interesting facts...especially for animals.

Steep ant hills
Birds on wires
Cows huddled together
More turtles walking around
Cats cleaning behind their ears

If we ever collapse as a society my real only hope is that all this knowledge and experience that has been learned and passed down through the generations doesn't get forgotten.

Very interesting facts...especially for animals.

Steep ant hills
Birds on wires
Cows huddled together
More turtles walking around
Cats cleaning behind their ears

If we ever collapse as a society my real only hope is that all this knowledge and experience that has been learned and passed down through the generations doesn't get forgotten.
It already has for the most part. All young people know comes off a screen and who knows if young people possess a memory. Everything is at their fingertips, as long as the power is still on that is.

I prefer the immersion method. Spend enough time at sea on a sailboat, particularly single handing, and you become very sensitive to the weather. That being said, nothing beats a good barometer.

I prefer the immersion method. Spend enough time at sea on a sailboat, particularly single handing, and you become very sensitive to the weather. That being said, nothing beats a good barometer.

Lived on a Morgan OI-33 for 2 1/2 yrs.
True on the weather ! Again it builds instincts.

In upper Oregon City, we've had intense fog for a couple of days. Can't even see to the end of the block. I've driven quite a bit the last couple of days, and everywhere I've been the fog has been as thick as soup. It is not isolated to my area.

I know, fog is not abnormal here this time of year. But, I've watched the weather report on KATU tonight, and today, and they insist there is no fog anywhere west of Mt. Hood. Even the fog map they continually show shows we are clear.

I hope this is not the same weather equipment supplying information to the airlines.:eek:

What am I missing?

WAYNO.

In upper Oregon City, we've had intense fog for a couple of days. Can't even see to the end of the block. I've driven quite a bit the last couple of days, and everywhere I've been the fog has been as thick as soup. It is not isolated to my area.

I know, fog is not abnormal here this time of year. But, I've watched the weather report on KATU tonight, and today, and they insist there is no fog anywhere west of Mt. Hood. Even the fog map they continually show shows we are clear.

I hope this is not the same weather equipment supplying information to the airlines.:eek:

What am I missing?

WAYNO.

That info comes from our government Im sure...

That info comes from our government Im sure...

That government supplied info is also used by the TV weather folks. And that's my point. If the National Weather Service says there is no fog, and the TV station repeats there is no fog, then the tower, using the same weather service, tells the airplanes there is no fog.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top