JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

"Why, indeed, should the federal government not be deploying armored personnel carriers and stockpiling enough ammo for a 20-year war in the homeland? Because it’s wrong in every way. President Obama has an opportunity, now, to live up to some of his rhetoric by helping the federal government set a noble example in a matter very close to his heart (and that of his Progressive base), one not inimical to the Bill of Rights: gun control. The federal government can (for a nice change) begin practicing what it preaches by controlling itself."

I am not into conspiracy theories for the most part but this really is disturbing on many levels. I have seen some say the purchase was prompted by the sequester drama that has unfolded but I'm not so sure. Now we are talking about APC's, on american streets ?! For what ? Why would we need a ambush resistant vehicle on american streets during peacetime ? In my mind the reasons are very narrow. This is a vehicle intended to be used in WAR.

From the article:

" at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America. "

This really puts it all into prospective. That's alot of training ammo DHS. I would love someone to give me a rational non conspiracy explanation for all this. I'm beginning to think the conspiracy folks are making more sense, everyday.

No matter what your thoughts are as to the intentions of the DHS, the nuts are running the asylum either way.

There's no way to excuse nearly 2 billion rounds of ammo purchased - you realize that they are still buying but have ceased to release the size of the purchase orders?
There's no way to excuse MRAPs being used in American cities, neighborhoods, or rural areas. They're barely even usable for border work. MRAPs take forever to get anywhere, especially over rugged terrain such as the Mexican border. MRAPs are basically flatlanders in Afghanistan.
There's no way to excuse domestic armed or unarmed surveillance drone flights by the DoD.

Notice how these three things are really no longer tinfoil hat territory. Many average Americans are becoming aware of these things, and they smell the stink. The HuffPost article about drones several days ago had nearly 30,000 comments.

There's no way to excuse nearly 2 billion rounds of ammo purchased - you realize that they are still buying but have ceased to release the size of the purchase orders?
There's no way to excuse MRAPs being used in American cities, neighborhoods, or rural areas. They're barely even usable for border work. MRAPs take forever to get anywhere, especially over rugged terrain such as the Mexican border. MRAPs are basically flatlanders in Afghanistan.
There's no way to excuse domestic armed or unarmed surveillance drone flights by the DoD.

Notice how these three things are really no longer tinfoil hat territory. Many average Americans are becoming aware of these things, and they smell the stink. The HuffPost article about drones several days ago had nearly 30,000 comments.

Pretty much agree on all points MC. Forgot the drone angle as well, you start adding this stuff up and I'm not sure this is tinfoil hat territory either, anymore. You start thinking about NarusInsight ( NSA IP Intercept ) and god knows what else we don't know about going on, scary stuff.

Anti IED vehicles are being spotted driving around city streets? 1.6 billion rounds of ammo? I thought spending cut were the hot topic right now... those kind of purchases wouldn't indicate cuts are needed to me that would indicate that theres an excess of wealth.

Last Edited:
I was at first extremely worried about the 1.6 billion bullets ordered by DHS, but there are a couple of factors to take into account. The order was over five years and the sequester. I don't believe either are the reason after I saw that DHS is additionally getting 2700 armored vehicles ready to go. Are they really driving them around cities now? That was a tell that cant be undone. Sadly if indeed Oblunder and the new SS is coming for our guns, they will not be alone. The UN will send troops to help enforce marshal law. I firmly believe that Oblunder is going to be signing or at least trying to sign the UN small arms treaty and expects civil unrest because of that or other factors. If it was anyone but this administration, I might think they know something is coming from an outside source.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top