JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That scene in "Johnny Dangerously " was very funny at the time....
The movie and line , came out before school shootings were as seemingly common as they appear to be now.

Since I remember that movie and line before being a teacher...it still is funny to me in the context of the movie and that particular character .
If I did not know of the movie ...I might feel differently....I can see how folks who aren't familiar with the movie could feel that that line isn't funny....
Andy

You CAN have that here on mainland yUK, so long as it it 24" oal - it needs to have what we call the 'coathanger' sticking out of the butt - immovably, BTW.

Here in yUK you can have a Cimarron Arms revolver in any calibre they make, long barrel and sticky-out bit too.

I've always wanted one in .458 Casull, but the $3500 basic price put me off. Even my Ruger 'thing' would sell over here for north of $2500. The spiffy Volquartsen-converted Ruger, suitable for falling plate and other pistol-y stuff, is now almost $3000 here.

I guess you have to know the context. The only school shooting I know about here in yUK never was never any kind of laughing matter.

Side note...I'm going to display a little ignorance here, when I first the the little "y" in front of the "UK" I thought it was typo, but I don't believe you'd fat finger it every time. Can you educate the preceding "y" thing?

YOO-nited Kingdom. Personal thing, adopted many years ago when teaching in Japan. The prefix 'un-' is a negative in English - UNtied, UNdone, UNobserved, et al. I made a point that it was not an un-nited kingdom, but a joined-up one of four countries. Guess it stuck.

I'll stop, though, since most folks here speak perfickly good English.

YOO-nited Kingdom. Personal thing, adopted many years ago when teaching in Japan. The prefix 'un-' is a negative in English - UNtied, UNdone, UNobserved, et al. I made a point that it was not an un-nited kingdom, but a joined-up one of four countries. Guess it stuck.

Don't stop on my/our account. It was strictly an educational/curiosity question. Thank you for the explanation.

FYI I was just looking at ballistics by the inch website. I knew about what difference a 16" barrel made for 22LR velocities but didn't realize 16" makes such a huge difference in 22Mag vs. standard pistol sizes. First chart is 22Mag, 2nd chart is 22LR:
22 Mag

22 mag bbi 16 inch barrel.JPG

16 inch barrel.JPG

Shot this gun for first time yesterday. That really long sight radius makes it very accurate shooting off-hand. I got lucky in that the sights are dead on. The front sight is maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the height of the sights on the shorter barrel ones and to be honest this front sight seems like a bit of an afterthought because it is a bit rough cut and rough-welded on compared to the great fit and finish of the smaller (standard) front sights. No arguing that it works well though.

the gun will give your forearms a workout though if shooting a lot cuz there is so much weight so far out there. It's the same as shooting a long heavy camera lens, after too much handholding your arms start to get a bit shaky and the picture (or accuracy if a gun) suffers.

Also I don't know if it was because I was wearing different hearing protection or what but seemed way, way quieter than the smaller barrel version. Last week I shot the small barrel version along with a stribog 9mm and this week the 16" version on along with the 9mm (so conditions were the same) and it seemed maybe 1/4 to 1/2 as loud as the short barrel version. I thought that so much gas escapes at the cylinder that the sound would be about the same with short vs. long barreled versions so this was a surprise. Next time I will have to shoot both barrel versions head-to-head and see if there is a real sound difference or not or if was just the different hearing protection. Doesn't matter really of course, just curious.

Last Edited:
I don't know if it was because I was wearing different hearing protection or what but seemed way, way quieter than the smaller barrel version.

It wasn't your hearing protectors or your imagination. The longer barrel has a muting effect. I shoot .22 CB caps in rifle, they are no louder than a pellet pistol. When I shoot the same CB cap in a pistol or revolver, they crack loud.

Please, tac, keep up the Yukisms that is my vote! KKG

I noticed this 12" 45LC buntline by EMF.

173235-232235.jpg

I don't know anything about the gun but I will say that I bought a gun from gunprodeals recently and got their cheapest free shipping and it arrived in a day and a half from across the country. I was very surprised by that.

Edit: looked it up and it's made by Pietta "Buntline" - EMF Company. Some other cool old replica guns on that EMF site also. Like this 12 gauge:

SGC87CHML121812at15LG.jpg

and percussion:
PSG20B1114.jpg
1851 percussion buntline
PF51CH4412_L.jpg
some different finish models of the Lemat vs Cabelas has just the blued one as I recall. 9+1 but it's a BIG 1
LEMAT_ARMY_OLD_WEST_44_634_LMCOW44 B.jpg
Lemat_FRONT_VIEW_500.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads