JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Disclaimer: I have no vested interest, I am not affiliated in any way, just sharing good news.

Attero Arms is an Oregon FFL located right on the border with the Washington state. It takes 2.5-3 hours to get there from Seattle.

Hanguns must be transferred within your state of residence, but if you are buying an expensive long gun (above $700-800, run your own numbers) and your gas mileage allows it (or if you have a few friends to carpool with) it may be well worth a ride.

Their FFL transfer fee is currently $25, which is quite good considering what FFL dealers charge around Seattle.

Since they are in Oregon, they will not charge you the WA "use" tax (which can be hundreds of dollars). Of course, you will then be legally required to declare your purchase and pay the "use" tax to the state - just like we always do whenever we buy something from ebay or another online store.

The place is not really a "gunshop" (just like Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue is not really a restaurant, if you know what I mean). There is no sign or anything - it looks like a giant run-down hangar, you need to trust your GPS. Everything is perfectly legal - they will call the feds to run the background check, and they will fingerprint you.

The owner (forgot his name - Jesse?) is a great guy and a breeze to deal with. He may even come to the shop on Saturday/Sunday if that is the only time you can make the trip.

I remember Attero Arms a couple years back when one of their "younger" partners was posting on all the forums about "this great AK SBR he bought, and how they treated him awesomely, and couldn't be happier with the product and service that he got"... Then posted a $1,200+ price for a $350-$400 Romy Draco that had been SBR'd with an ACE side-folder.

He got busted for "posing", then outted EVERYWHERE... Another Attero partner had to follow up and apologize for the mess this "younger" partner caused... this is the first I've heard their name come up since then.

Small community, long memory. ;)

I am not affiliated in any way (no discounts, pats on the back, etc. promised) - just reporting.

If you know another Oregon FFL located close to the border with WA, legitimate and with an FFL transfer fee below $25, then I owe it to myself to check them out. So far this is the best I have found.

Ok...it's on the border with Washington. That's a long border. Do you have an address?

Fingerprint? What the hell? Never heard of that before. Of course I've never purchased a firearm out of state. Oh by the way...it's not a "use tax" it's a sales tax & the FFL in Washington will collect it at the time of transfer.

Yup, what PrDubi said. Jesse's a good dude. And if you get anything via FFL anywhere you will get fingerprinted. At least the last 2 things I had shipped into state from Atlantic Firearms that was the case.

Web site here: Portland Transfers - Attero Arms & Accessories And although I've never been to the location, web site lists it as 8235 N Kerby Ave. Portland, OR. 97217, which is about as close to Washington as you can get without being in the columbia river LOL.

Yup, what PrDubi said. Jesse's a good dude. And if you get anything via FFL anywhere you will get fingerprinted. At least the last 2 things I had shipped into state from Atlantic Firearms that was the case.

Web site here: Portland Transfers - Attero Arms & Accessories And although I've never been to the location, web site lists it as 8235 N Kerby Ave. Portland, OR. 97217, which is about as close to Washington as you can get without being in the columbia river LOL.

When the hell did that crap start?

I think it's because of how OR does their background checks, using it as a revenue generator for OSP rather than just the common-sense thing of letting dealers go straight through NICS.

When the hell did that crap start?

It's an Oregon thing. I never get fingerprinted in WA. If you happen to use the weapon for self-defense and the prosecutor brings up the out-of-state purchase issue, you can argue that the very fact that you went through a licensed dealer and got fingerprinted proves that you were not plotting anything criminal.

Ok...it's on the border with Washington. That's a long border. Do you have an address?

Fingerprint? What the hell? Never heard of that before. Of course I've never purchased a firearm out of state. Oh by the way...it's not a "use tax" it's a sales tax & the FFL in Washington will collect it at the time of transfer.

Actually it can be a use tax or a sales tax, doesn't really matter as it's the same amount. Check the DOR rules/laws. And you owe it on the shipping fee too if it's shipped via common carrier. Might even have to pay the tax on the FFL fee too.
You owe a use tax on ANYTHING purchased out of state other than grocery store food. If purchased in state then you pay the sales tax, again, except for grocery store food, even ready to eat food is taxed.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

It's an Oregon thing. I never get fingerprinted in WA. If you happen to use the weapon for self-defense and the prosecutor brings up the out-of-state purchase issue, you can argue that the very fact that you went through a licensed dealer and got fingerprinted proves that you were not plotting anything criminal.

I've bought long guns and handguns in OR, never been fingerprinted yet and the long gun was in Portland last month.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top