JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned a Taurus PT111 G2 , 9mm, for almost 4 years now. 100% reliable so far. The trigger takes some getting used to but a decent shooter. I understand the G3 triggers are supposed to be improved.

I've had my G3 for about 6 months and I really like it. I've put about 1k rounds through it and it's been very accurate and reliable so far. Fun to shoot, comfortable to hold, and very controllable. Had 1 failure to eject after about 600 rounds without cleaning. For the price, you can't really go wrong.
Haven't tried different magazines from other firearms but only because with the current times, they've been tough to get my hands on

I've had my G3 for about 6 months and I really like it. I've put about 1k rounds through it and it's been very accurate and reliable so far. Fun to shoot, comfortable to hold, and very controllable. Had 1 failure to eject after about 600 rounds without cleaning. For the price, you can't really go wrong.
Haven't tried different magazines from other firearms but only because with the current times, they've been tough to get my hands on
I found that bimarts have the factory mags in stock. I am still considering buying a G3, thanks for the feedback on yours.

I found that bimarts have the factory mags in stock. I am still considering buying a G3, thanks for the feedback on yours.
If you know of a bimart that has the factory mags in stock, I'd be very interested in knowing which ones. Best I've found is online at $28 each plus shipping

Unfortunately, every Taurus I've owned i eventually get rid of....whether its too many types of failures, or horrible triggers, or just finish wearing off prematurely, or barrels sent out from factory with chattering in the internal grooves....I've just been inevitably disappointed...I keep giving them chances tho....I enjoy trying out lots of new offerings by various manufacturers especially if there is innovation taking place....

I've had a G3, can't really speak to it cause I traded it not long after buying. Had a few G2's, trigger definitely takes getting used to, ran probably around 800 through them and don't recall any malfunctions.
I could shoot the G2 more accurate than many of its more expensive competitors. Was actually shocked at how well I could shoot it. I've heard some Sig mags will work but I know that canik tp9 mags run with the exception of locking open on last shot.
Definitely great for the money. Good shooting!
Brian

Whatever happened to.....

Bring firearm home.
Read the manual.
Make sure to clear and make safe.
Inspect closely.
Field Strip and continue inspection of parts.
Clean.
Appropriately re-lube.
Work the action and recheck safeties.
Take to range, load and shoot.

Shooting "straight out of the box".......:s0092:

Aloha, Mark

PS....it's not a comment on arakboss. BTW, the video was entertaining. Thank you.

So then, my comment is about the Doctor's video of his "out of the box" firing test.

As for the G3 and G3c.....IMHO.....at about $300 (and/or $325ish) they have a good price point. IF, I needed another 9mm (or looking to buy a first 9mm).....I might just bite.

BTW, my Taurus 709 slim works for me. And as for the trigger.....it's sort of like with all triggers.....either, you like it or not.

Last Edited:
The G2/G3 semi's are essentially Glock clones. My local GS owner, also a noted gunsmith, is a big fan of the newest Taurus handguns and talked me into buying a G2C which has operated flawlessly through hundreds of rounds of ammo.
The new Taurus factories are ISO 9001 certified, which is only awarded to manufacturing facilities that meet very rigid international quality control standards.

I have a g3c and g3, the 226 mags with the sleeve feel amazing in the g3c. I found some sig 228? I think 18rnd mecgar mags that work well in the g3 but I haven't found a sleeve for them yet. I have around 1200 rnds down between the two of them, only issue was trying to run 18rnd mag in g3c. I put upgraded striker liner and recoil springs in both. I won't hesitate to edc the g3c. I picked up the g3 for 280 and the g3c for 269.... not disappointed in the least.

IMG_20210110_215920_896.jpg

I want either or as they've had a wealth of praise behind them since the G2c and reviews show they all work fine. People can't get over the taurus logo and past but that's fine. Their loss my gain for a budget blaster that works from a company on their redemption arc. Mags are made by MECGAR for the g3c I hear and you get 3 at purchase. Good luck finding one for under $300 though. I seen one not long ago for $320. PSA has one for $320 but no free shipping :(

Had mine 7 months and absolutely love it eats anything even reloads. Especially like the double strike capabilitiy and feels great in the hand and recoil at any grain is manageable. Really enjoy the front serrations too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top