JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I DON'T CARRY. I don't carry because I am not trained nor am I practiced well enough to be a benefit to others with a firearm in my hands. Until then, I simply thank those of you who can and do carry about town and field. Honestly, your carrying makes everyone a bit more civil.

jc

1. My uncle was shot dead over a $13 14karat gold necklace chain at his jewelry store in fresno. 2. Traded in the bimmer for a road bike since I work 3 miles from where I live, one of my duties is accounting which involves bank deposits, im my own armored security deposit company.

I carry because I know that its not a matter of if, but when. and I know my two boys are going to expect nothing less from me but to keep them safe, 100% safe. Im drilled, educated and never want to be tested. So I pray for each and everyone of our families and us, that we all come home safe every night from whatever task has kept us away from the family for any length of time for the day, and that if we ever have to raise arms against another that we that are prepared to have the courage to defend the loved ones that surround us and do so because no one else may. sorry for the book, but I care aout people and each of us mean something to someone. Godbless the .45

Nice post.
This is a hot topic around our home lately.

I am an avid hunter and I have been shooting guns since I turned 7 when my dad bought me a .22, followed by a .410 pump for my eighth birthday. I currently own several firearms, but all are shotguns and rifles I use for hunting.
About a month ago I started talking with my wife about wanting to get my CHL. My main reason is that I want to carry while hunting/fishing in remote areas for both protection from cougars and crazies. Obviously I don't need to carry concealed during those times, but there are times when the gun may be concealed in a pack, under the front seat, etc. I also like the thought of having the ability to carry in other situations if I feel the need.
That is where the problem lies....my wife is having a hard time with the idea of me carrying a weapon in public. Why? Because I am in my thirties and I have never needed a gun up to this point, so why do I need one now? Or, so the argument goes. We're old enough, and have a 5 year old daughter, that we don't put ourselves into positions where we are out late, in sketchy parts of town, etc. I have always been able to handle a situation/confrontation with either words or the good old fashioned way... "throwing down". She feels a gun may make a normally bad situation a terrible one.
I, on the other hand, trust both my judgement and ability with a firearm to the point that I feel a gun would only make us safer in whatever environment we are in. I admit that I would most likely never use, as I would give up my wallet and/or other valuables before I would pull my weapon and take someones life. However, in a situation where my life, or the lives of my family depended on it I would not hesitate to shoot to kill. And it is that instant, no matter how slim the chance of it ever occuring, that I want the security of a firearm. That is why I went down the sheriff's office three weeks ago and got fingerprinted.

Good show, @ shooter! I like your reasoning. I guess we are a bit biased as an audience, though. :)

Logical1, good for you, too. I was the subject of an armed robbery when in high scool and decided that the next one would go a lot differently than the first one did.

Last Edited:
Nice post.
This is a hot topic around our home lately.

I am an avid hunter and I have been shooting guns since I turned 7 when my dad bought me a .22, followed by a .410 pump for my eighth birthday. I currently own several firearms, but all are shotguns and rifles I use for hunting.
About a month ago I started talking with my wife about wanting to get my CHL. My main reason is that I want to carry while hunting/fishing in remote areas for both protection from cougars and crazies. Obviously I don't need to carry concealed during those times, but there are times when the gun may be concealed in a pack, under the front seat, etc. I also like the thought of having the ability to carry in other situations if I feel the need.
That is where the problem lies....my wife is having a hard time with the idea of me carrying a weapon in public. Why? Because I am in my thirties and I have never needed a gun up to this point, so why do I need one now? Or, so the argument goes. We're old enough, and have a 5 year old daughter, that we don't put ourselves into positions where we are out late, in sketchy parts of town, etc. I have always been able to handle a situation/confrontation with either words or the good old fashioned way... "throwing down". She feels a gun may make a normally bad situation a terrible one.
I, on the other hand, trust both my judgement and ability with a firearm to the point that I feel a gun would only make us safer in whatever environment we are in. I admit that I would most likely never use, as I would give up my wallet and/or other valuables before I would pull my weapon and take someones life. However, in a situation where my life, or the lives of my family depended on it I would not hesitate to shoot to kill. And it is that instant, no matter how slim the chance of it ever occuring, that I want the security of a firearm. That is why I went down the sheriff's office three weeks ago and got fingerprinted.

Oh man, way to keep up the suspense till the end of the post :s0155:

No matter how much you try to prepare, bad stuff can happen to anyone anywhere. Congrats on your permit :)

I've been robbed at knife point. It's not fun. I decided that if I was going to get into a knife fight again, I would bring a gun. I also carry believe it or not to help myself to stay calm when folks piss me off on the road and such. Carrying a loaded gun is a HUGE responsibility that should be carefully thought through. My gun is a lifeline only, Not just a frivolous toy. If I pull out my gun, it probably means either I'm about to die or someone else is. I don't want to be the cause of someone dieing, if they attack me they made the poor choice. Not me.

Last Edited:
What's the old saying,
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I carry because I choose not be put myself into a position to be a victim. Like others I've been in situations I didn't think I would live through. I refuse to let the few who choose evil to intimidate myself or those I love to live in fear.

My girlfriend's from Ohio and their Sheriff actually went on the news after several layoffs and told the public, "you better arm yourselfs and your family, I'm arming mine"

It time we stop living in fear and do what we have to do as citizens to make our society safe again. Not just for our families but for everyone.
When seconds count, police are minutes away.

In my line of work I have seen too many good citizens minding their own business get taken for everything, beat up, knifed, or killed.
I have had a few close calls of my own, including facing a huge hole in the end of a barrel, and one with a laser site on my chest.
I will never be caught with my "pants" down again

Funny how fingerprinting should be mentioned.

I've been fingerprinted what seems like thousands of times, and I don't feel a hair safer.
Not even remotely.

..my skin just feels more dried out. Darn Windex.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top