JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This question is for those of you who appendix carry, as do I. While driving do you put your seat belt in front of, or behind the pistol? I'd like to hear your reasoning. I've heard arguments for both sides when it comes to accessibility as well as potential damage if involved in an accident. I spend the majority of my day driving for work so my probability of being in an accident or approached while in a vehicle are higher than standing or walking down the street. Thanks in advance.

AF7A78F4-37A7-41D6-B174-57696681B496.jpeg 6BA81D41-A656-40A8-BF3A-3D036D56A94F.jpeg

This question is for those of you who appendix carry, as do I. While driving do you put your seat belt in front of, or behind the pistol? I'd like to hear your reasoning. I've heard arguments for both sides when it comes to accessibility as well as potential damage if involved in an accident. I spend the majority of my day driving for work so my probability of being in an accident or approached while in a vehicle are higher than standing or walking down the street. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1196982 View attachment 1196983
-
I just put the SeatBelt over AIWB . I don't worry about any damage due to Appendix carry and Seatbelt . AIWB is least of your worries ... LOL .. because your worst damage in an Auto accident is coming from your own Airbag deployment while your hands are gripping tight on the steering wheel, with Airbag driving your hands and forearms straight into your face and skull .

-
I just put the SeatBelt over AIWB . I don't worry about any damage due to Appendix carry and Seatbelt . AIWB is least of your worries ... LOL .. because your worst damage in an Auto accident is coming from your own Airbag deployment while your hands are gripping tight on the steering wheel, with Airbag driving your hands and forearms straight into your face and skull .
Maybe if you drive like Vin Diesel in fast and furious. Haha. Also never wrap your thumbs around the wheel. Ask me how I know. Haha.

I conceal carry so my shirt is over my gun. Not to complicate things, my seatbelt then goes over my shirt, not under.
I prefer ease of access. Hence the reason I tuck it behind. Before exiting the vehicle I put the shirt over to recommence the concealed factor. Haha. To each their own.

I put the belt over the gun since the gun is under the shirt. Have never been too worried that the gun would cause damage as the gun is flat and the air bag should take a lot out of the impact. When I see people in the ER after a wreck the only place I ever see seat belt "injury" seems to be across the shoulder. Don't remember ever seeing across the waist.

Seatbelt over gun. I don't expose the gun while driving because...well...California...not that anyone can really see in anyway unless I'm at a signal...but every signal in California has someone walking the median begging for money and they could probably see in.

I feel like putting the belt behind the gun would probably be better but I can't say if that's true or not. It would certainly make the weapon more accessible if you needed to draw it.

View attachment 1196982 View attachment 1196983
Would recommend in-person training with a competent instructor related to fighting in and around vehicles. Whether to pre-stage your pistol or not while seatbelted in a vehicle is only a small component of the overall system. Moreover, there are some enhanced safety concerns that are best learned through training rather than trial and error.

Respectfully,

Aaron

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews