JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may have been brought up before so forgive me if it has as I am a newbie.
I'm curious as to your preference on carrying concealed. Are you more comfortable with your firearm in your purse or on your side?
Does your decision depend on what you are doing/where you are going?
I was just pondering this today as I am relatively new to it. I have carried in the purse only 2 or 3 times
as it feels so natural on my side.
Appreciate any input you would share.

Wifey

I fail your first qualifier...I am not a woman...
But I have a question and it truly isn't intended to come across as sarcastic:
How do you plan to contend with a purse snatch?

I fail your first qualifier...I am not a woman...
But I have a question and it truly isn't intended to come across as sarcastic:
How do you plan to contend with a purse snatch?

Sarcastic? I'm a blond through & through!
My 'carry' purse has a zipper on the proper side. Once that is open, there is a holster inside positioned as I wish. There is an awful lot of velcro to deal with as well, which I can't see all the need for.

I don't mean to come across as sarcastic but what are you referring to as a purse snatch?!?!?!?

Wifey

My 'carry' purse has a zipper on the proper side. Once that is open, there is a holster inside positioned as I wish. There is an awful lot of velcro to deal with as well, which I can't see all the need for.

I don't mean to come across as sarcastic but what are you referring to as a purse snatch?!?!?!?

Wifey

If i were to rob a woman i would just want to take their purse (purse Snatching). It will contain your personal information, your money, your address, and addresses of your friends, plus if there is a gun in there I am now armed and if i decided i want to take more later I now have the tools to accomplish that.

This may have been brought up before so forgive me if it has as I am a newbie.
I'm curious as to your preference on carrying concealed. Are you more comfortable with your firearm in your purse or on your side?
Does your decision depend on what you are doing/where you are going?
I was just pondering this today as I am relatively new to it. I have carried in the purse only 2 or 3 times
as it feels so natural on my side.
Appreciate any input you would share.

Wifey

While there will be times that you will be carrying a purse (I know of a few women that have purse holsters) there may be times that you may not want to carry a purse but want to slip a very small handgun in your pocket, front or back. Some manufactures produce very small pistols/mini-revolvers. While these are very small and not considered to be by any means as a primary handgun, they do fit the occassion when dress is either more casual or you do not want to carry a purse. I have a NAA Pug which is just a handy super small revolver that works for me when I can not carry my usual SW Model 60 3". I also have a variety of vests that I use to conceal the hip holster.

You might want to turn to "Youtube" because there are several women that have examined this problem and have developed some very nice videos on this subject. Good luck with it.

When I carry in my purse there would be no'snatching'. My purse is over my shoulder- so I would go down with it. Should I be approached/confronted I would certainly be prepared.
At least I hope to.

I sent my wife to some classes at Firearms Academy of Seattle a couple of years back. She came home with a book written by on of the instructors. It is called "Effective Defense" by Gila Hayes. I've looked through it and there is some great info in there. It is geared towards women but even as a guy there was useful info in there.

When I carry in my purse there would be no'snatching'. My purse is over my shoulder- so I would go down with it. Should I be approached/confronted I would certainly be prepared.
At least I hope to.

The fatal flaw with your logic is that a purse snatcher does not approach or confront. They will sneak up or casually come up behind you and pull it off your shouldering and be a couple steps out of reach before you know what happened. Not trying to he mean/rude, just trying to present a reality for said situation. If I read your op correct, you carry on your person primarily... Stick with that :s0155:

Thanks for your input & suggestions on the book & videos. Checked out a couple of the videos and will continue learning. I think I'll check into the Super Tuck.

Wifey

At least I hope to.

Seasoned purse snatchers will carry a sharp knife to cut the shoulder strap and steal the purse.. if you carry in your purse as my lady sometimes does, at the least have a backup gun on your person. If she is with me there's little chance of a purse snatching. In our area purse snatchings are more rare than living mastodons but it's still a good idea to have a gun purse that has the steel wire in the strap

Wifey

Someone grabbing your purse and running.

At least I hope to.

So you are convinced that you would have the ability to access your weapon while being dragged down with the purse?

Wifey, I respectfully submit that you would benefit from some defensive handgun training.

So you are convinced that you would have the ability to access your weapon while being dragged down with the purse?

Wifey, I respectfully submit that you would benefit from some defensive handgun training.[/QUOTE

No, I'm not convinced of anything. Until a person is in a certain situation the exact reaction is unknown. One could have a number of ideals in mind and perhaps go so far as to role-play them out, but the real deal is just that.
You are absolutely right with your submission of me benefitting from some defensive training. Thus far
the only class I have taken was Basis Handgun Skill Development at the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office. Aside from that I spend as much time as possible at the range -- with the exception of the past month after having surgery on both hands.
My take on the training issue is that I could never get enough. The more I have the more knowledgeable I will be, and in my opinion too much is not enough when it comes to firearms.
Thanks for your input!

Wifey

...You are absolutely right with your submission of me benefitting from some defensive training. Thus far
the only class I have taken was Basis Handgun Skill Development at the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office...

Wifey

The only class you have taken is a Basic Handgun??? You mean you are carrying without a CHL?

If that is the case, forget what I said about defensive handgun training. You might want to think about getting legal first. Get caught carrying without a CHL and you can forget about carrying altogether.

When I carry in my purse there would be no'snatching'. My purse is over my shoulder- so I would go down with it

I am a male, except maybe on saturday night role playing and make up highlight night, but if you carry a purse with a strap they will and can "cut" the strap then it goes away really quick with all it's contents no matter if ya carry it crossed or not.Just a quick run by,cut, then it's gone.I would never believe in or trust a purse carry myself.If they take the purse,they take your weapon.

What? Those SOB's were supposed to give me a CHL? Dangit they tricked this blond! All that blasted money spent and all I got was 4 hours classroom training with 3 instructors and 4 hours training on the range! Oh wait, that's right...I also received a CCL. Should have my UCFP any day now. From the "only" class I took, I felt pretty advanced by the time I got to the Utah class.

Shucks, you think I would have a concealed-carry purse without a license to carry such a purse? But then again, that zip-up side pocket could conceal all kinds of stuff. I could have a different color lipstick for every day of the week!

I don't do anything illegal.

Legally Blond,
Wifey

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads