JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In light of the Maxwell/WOU incident, do police, judges or anyone else have immunity from offical misconduct charges?

ORS 162.415 Official misconduct in the first degree. (1) A public servant commits the crime of official misconduct in the first degree if with intent to obtain a benefit or to harm another:

(a) The public servant knowingly fails to perform a duty imposed upon the public servant by law or one clearly inherent in the nature of office; or

(b) The public servant knowingly performs an act constituting an unauthorized exercise in official duties.

(2) Official misconduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

from a non-lawyer- I would imagine the "knowingly" part would stop that from happening. I think you are referring to the officer being charged here, right? You would have to prove that she knew she was doing wrong....

A writ of mandamus or simply mandamus, which means "we command" in Latin, is the name of one of the prerogative writs in the common law, and is "issued by a superior court to compel a lower court or a government officer to perform mandatory or purely ministerial duties correctly".[

from a non-lawyer- I would imagine the "knowingly" part would stop that from happening. I think you are referring to the officer being charged here, right? You would have to prove that she knew she was doing wrong....

Thinking of just about everyone invloved that works for the state.

The Oregon State Board of Higher Education on down in their system because the Oregon Legislative Counsel has repeatedly stated that the Oregon University System cannot regulate firearms as the sole authority to regulate firearms is vested in the Legislative Assembly.

ETA: THIS!

The city cops because they are required to be able to read. Therefore, they knew. ;)

A writ of mandamus or simply mandamus, which means "we command" in Latin, is the name of one of the prerogative writs in the common law, and is "issued by a superior court to compel a lower court or a government officer to perform mandatory or purely ministerial duties correctly".[

What does that have to do with the ORS and immunity?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top