JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Trust me when I say that the guys "good buddy bumping" are easy to identify and do get talked to and infractions even when they try to be sneaky.

I would get used to 7 days, we are discussing some changes in the Classified rules and changing the 7 day rule has not been mentioned once.

i think its funny when people post on a forsale thread "PM inbound" or "PM sent"

that is a worthless habbit. the guy doesnt need to get the notification in his thread there is a PM to him, he can see that in his in box. also if 4 people do that in one day his add gets bumped to the top 4 times in one day. also why would u want to bump an add if u really want the gun, why bump it with a PM in bound. if i want a gun last thing im gonna do is bump it for someone else to see a price drop or that its still available

i jus realized something else that is super annoying, when someone bumps their own add within 7 days or after 7 days just to say SPF or SOLD they should just edit their original posting.

i think its funn when people post on a forsale thread "PM inbound" or "PM sent"

that is a worthless habbit. the guy doesnt need to get the notification in his thread there is a PM to him, he can see that in his in box. also if 4 people do that in one day his add gets bumped to the top 4 times in one day. also why would u want to bump an add if u really want the gun, why bump it with a PM in bound. if i want a gun last thing im gonna do is bump it for someone else to see a price drop or that its still available

THat is just one more way 'good buddies' can help their 'good buddies' get bumped every day instead of waiting the full 7..:(

Seems to me its worked 97 times for you sir. Its just part of the forum, and its fun and works well for recreation. I dont think the classifieds were ever meant to conduct business and move lots of iron if you will. It works well for how it was intended I believe.
Lots of members I know have been able to consolidate to fewer calibers, or upgrade to a higher capacity pistol or quality of piece. Maybe something didnt fit you well and you couldnt hit a barn broadsided with it. Perfect, I will sell or swap it at my favorite local forum. There are sites just for selling and buying guns. You know this, maybe we should charge a fee to buy and sell. Then we could hire someone to run it like a business.
I dont think we need to go there. I think you have just fallen out of love with nwfa.
Perhaps a break would do you some good.

This is not a business for me. Just a hard habit to break. I love wheelin" and Dealin'. I have made a bunch of good friends here, and have learned allot about the gun world.

What I really don't understand is how some folks seem to take offense when they are asked nicely to just play by the same rules as everyone else is expected to.

It's like coming to MY house and then complaining when I ask you not to smoke inside when I had TOLD you before you even arrived that smoking outside on the porch is fine. In fact I'll sit out there and enjoy a fine cigar with you.

But you'd have a LOT of nerve to get mad at me when I kick you out of the house (after several attempts to ask you nicely to obey my "rules" or leave) for willfully lighting one up in my kitchen... twice.

Rules are the rules and if the enforcement is not "fair" for everyone then they are meaningless.

And if you have a gripe about enforcement... that is what the REPORT button is for.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads