JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's a for sale posting by a member here that I'm quite intersted in. So much so that I posted an "I'll take it" sight unseen, no negotiating on price. Done deal, right?

Apparently not. It's been 4 days and I haven't heard from the guy. I posted my agreement that I would buy it, sent him a few PM' s with my contact info.

Maybe something happened, maybe there was a personal tragedy of some kind. But speaking as a man of intrgrity who is actively looking to purchase the item for sale, how long do I wait for a response before decorum is satisfied and I purchase elsewhere?

How long would you wait before you went and purchased elsewhere?

Check his profile and see if he has had any activity since you PM'd him. If he has been on and ignoring you then I would send him one last PM saying that you are no longer interested in the item. If they have not been on, I would wait for only as long as you want to. I believe that your obligation of waiting has been met. Just make sure that you send a final PM stating that you are no longer interested. Just my 2 cents

Shane

Whenever I have something posted for sale and I have to leave town I post a note to that effect. With that said, people don't always read the posts, also lots of people post on this site and others at the same time and forget to remove it when it sells on another site. My two cents. Gary

Honestly as a seller in the past, I don't take down the ad or communicate with people while dealing with someone. I've had buyers flake and i'm not going to message 8 people, telling them where there place in line is if this guy doesn't buy it. Either wait, or just don't worry about it... if it works out good, if not keep looking

If you decide otherwise, tell the seller he waited too long to respond and lost your interest. Just because you said you'll "take it", doesn't commit you or him. The sale is not done until money exchanges hands.

There is too many buyers that say "I'll take it" then later have a contingency to see it in person. I have more respect for people that come see what I am selling before committing to buy or making offers. I also do not give priority to the order people respond to an ad. I sell it the the person I feel will offer me the most, is nearest and won't flake out.

Seems to be a lot of this going on, especially with the email notifications being messed up lately. I understand that people might just think that they will get an email but...... I PM'd about an item. Got a response 3 days later to which I responded almost immediately and he hasn't been back on the forum since. That was over three weeks ago. At this point, the guy has no idea what my response was. I very easily could have said "I will take it. When I can I pick it up?" Oh well, his loss I guess but kind of wasting everyone's time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top