JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Watch with amazement as I transmute copper into steel.... image.jpeg

Presto change-o!!
image.jpeg

And for my next trick, I will shock and amaze my audience with a demonstration of reverse alchemy, as I change gold into lead!

(Gotta love coinstar!)

A.) Good choice, I will never let go of my GP100.
b.) Yeah coinstar has a convenience fee, to some people it's worth it. My bank has a coin counter and that's free, so I use that.

That was around 6 years worth of coins, I'm pretty impressed with my self control! Hopefully I'll get to the range this evening to take her for a spin...

That was around 6 years worth of coins, I'm pretty impressed with my self control! Hopefully I'll get to the range this evening to take her for a spin...

You'll love it.

Mine is also the older style and came with those awesome wood inlay grips:D.

I changed them out for the hogue molded grips because I take mine out to the woods and didn't want to chance ruining the wood with moisture. Changes the grip just a bit but I got used to it fast and it is the gun I shoot the most accurately with.

Kept the original grips and have no intention of ever getting rid of them for when it stops being my woods gun.

Give us an update when you get to take her out and let her sing.

Nice piggy bank acquisition!
If my bank didn't offer the change sorting for free, I'd be dumping it on the floor and sorting, rolling and counting. Which I've been known to do.

Counting change. Must resist!!

Least till next year. Quarters add up quick!!

I've got this 1-gallon glass A&W root-beer bottle (anyone remember getting those filled at A&W drive-ins as a kid?) that I filled with loose "pocket pennies" over the course of about 18 years... too bad it isn't even worth it's weight in copper! :rolleyes:

Talk about tricks, somehow I talked my wife in giving me $300.00 every month from her paycheck.
To this day, I still don't know how I pulled that off.

That is the EXACT model of GP I want.... that was SUPPOSED to be mine, you bubblegumming coin hoarding BUBBLEGUM!! o_O

;):D

Well then it's good you didn't want this GP100, 'cause it's mine in the very near future (just need to convert a few more coins to steel to get her out of layaway :p):

ruger-gp100-unfluted-talo-max-slowik.jpg

I've got this 1-gallon glass A&W root-beer bottle (anyone remember getting those filled at A&W drive-ins as a kid?) that I filled with loose "pocket pennies" over the course of about 18 years... too bad it isn't even worth it's weight in copper! :rolleyes:
Yeah, I remember those gallon jugs. It's how I met my first girlfriend at 15 years old. We had a gallon jug of rootbeer on ice in a cooler in the grandstands at the local NASCAR short track. I offered her a cup and we spent the next year or two "workin' on mysteries without any clues" as Bob Seeger sings.

I was eating dinner at an A&W drive-in one evening, "It was one of those special franchises that had those healthy looking high school girls on roller skates delivering your order in very tight tee's and skirts while hanging your order on the drivers door window."

Anyway, here comes a 16 year boy old with his hot little blonde date sitting right next to him while he manages to steer his dads F350 Camper Special up under the awning.
What he forgot to remember was the extra tall camper attached to the truck.
He managed to shear off at least half of the campers top before the realization of what he had done had hit him.
He jumped out and took one look at the wrecked camper and just about passed out thinking about what his dad was going to do to him.

Last Edited:
Wow. Took it to the range, and I just love this gun! Such a pleasure to shoot. Ran some 38 through it first, and then moved up to 357, which I have to admit I was a little nervous about at first, as I hadn't shot anything larger than 9mm up to that point. I was expecting mega recoil but it turned out to be totally manageable, actually it was super fun! And the smoke cloud from those magnum loads just added to the pleasure. After warming up I started to do pretty well, accuracy wise. This gun is a shooter! Here's a picture of one of my targets... This was 38 special at about 20 yards- 3 shots single action and 3 double action. I'm not the best shot in the world (yet) so I can only imagine the accuracy this gun is capable of, I think that with practice I'm going to be doing pretty well!
image.jpeg
Now I just need to swap out the grips for some rubber hogues (because those wood inlay ones are just too purdy for banging around in the woods) and get some Buffalo Bore and I think I'll have myself a sweet little hand cannon for bear country!

Wolff Springs sells a reduced recoil spring pack for your firearm.
They really help the accuracy with these Rugers. They're a little harder to install compared to the Security Six models, but easily done if you watch a You Tube video like the one below.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top