JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'd of taken typing in high school, I could have been up to 1500 by now! :s0112: And may have got laid a few more times.....;)
bubblegum, I'm a software developer. When I was in High School, only girls took typing classes. I can remember years later buying Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. May have been the first software title I actually paid for. Still gad I did.

For my 1000th post I thought I'd reflect on a couple things I like about this forum and have learned in my short time here.

• The long time members are welcoming and if one goes missing for a bit, there is concern and feelers put out to find that person. It's good to know that we are like a family. A bit dysfunctional, but nonetheless a family.

• This forum is a very civil place to share ideas/stories/jokes… I'm a member of a few various forums (fishing/trucks/offroad/men in tights) and this one has, by far, the least amount of trolls and the most "Be excellent to each other" of any of them.

• There are some funny mofo's here (@sobo @Flopsweat @Certaindeaf @Stomper @Xaevian @Knobgoblin (there are many more, just a few off the top of my head). I have a fairly large file on the computer with cut/pasted jokes and sayings to prove it too.

• There are some deep thinkers on the site that I always make a point of reading their posts (@CountryGent @Andy54Hawken @ZigZagZeke @The Heretic (again just to name a couple off the top of my head).

• Any time I get bored, I can rely on @CamoDeafie and his unlimited cache of "Girls and Guns" pics to keep me occupied for a bit.

• I've learned a ton of great info from all of you, and every time I've asked a question (or anyone has asked a question for that matter), there always seems to be one amongst us that is an authority on the subject and can answer in depth.

• I look forward to checking in everyday to see what's new which makes supporting the forum a no brainer so thanks @Joe Link for all the effort you put in to make it all work.
I'm sure I've missed a bunch of folks of whom I thoroughly enjoy what they have to say, so I blame my age and many a smack on the noggin for mot mentioning them all.

There's something about the way the owner and staff relate to the membership. The moderation isn't so heavy as some other forums. We're treated as responsible adults from the beginning. We're allowed to be ourselves as long as we don't become abusive to others. There's nothing I hate more than being treated like a child.

:s0140:

Ah, but are you on the double secret super funny list? :D

Yeah, you probably are.... I mean if I made it on there hell, Stomper may even be there.
Pffft! I *AM* the double super-secret funny list...

For my 1000th post I thought I'd reflect on a couple things I like about this forum and have learned in my short time here.

• The long time members are welcoming and if one goes missing for a bit, there is concern and feelers put out to find that person. It's good to know that we are like a family. A bit dysfunctional, but nonetheless a family.
    You forgot to thank the academy and your family!! 😂
  • This forum is a very civil place to share ideas/stories/jokes… I'm a member of a few various forums (fishing/trucks/offroad/men in tights) and this one has, by far, the least amount of trolls and the most "Be excellent to each other" of any of them.

• There are some funny mofo's here (@sobo @Flopsweat @Certaindeaf @Stomper @Xaevian @Knobgoblin (there are many more, just a few off the top of my head). I have a fairly large file on the computer with cut/pasted jokes and sayings to prove it too.

• There are some deep thinkers on the site that I always make a point of reading their posts (@CountryGent @Andy54Hawken @ZigZagZeke @The Heretic (again just to name a couple off the top of my head).

• Any time I get bored, I can rely on @CamoDeafie and his unlimited cache of "Girls and Guns" pics to keep me occupied for a bit.

• I've learned a ton of great info from all of you, and every time I've asked a question (or anyone has asked a question for that matter), there always seems to be one amongst us that is an authority on the subject and can answer in depth.

• I look forward to checking in everyday to see what's new which makes supporting the forum a no brainer so thanks @Joe Link for all the effort you put in to make it all work.
I'm sure I've missed a bunch of folks of whom I thoroughly enjoy what they have to say, so I blame my age and many a smack on the noggin for mot mentioning them all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top