For my 1000th post I thought I’d reflect on a couple things I like about this forum and have learned in my short time here.
- The long time members are welcoming and if one goes missing for a bit, there is concern and feelers put out to find that person. It's good to know that we are like a family. A bit dysfunctional, but nonetheless a family.
- This forum is a very civil place to share ideas/stories/jokes… I’m a member of a few various forums (fishing/trucks/offroad/men in tights) and this one has, by far, the least amount of trolls and the most “Be excellent to each other” of any of them.
- There are some funny mofo’s here (@sobo @Flopsweat @Certaindeaf @Stomper @Xaevian @Knobgoblin (there are many more, just a few off the top of my head). I have a fairly large file on the computer with cut/pasted jokes and sayings to prove it too.
- There are some deep thinkers on the site that I always make a point of reading their posts (@CountryGent @Andy54Hawken @ZigZagZeke @The Heretic (again just to name a couple off the top of my head).
- Any time I get bored, I can rely on @CamoDeafie and his unlimited cache of “Girls and Guns” pics to keep me occupied for a bit.
- I’ve learned a ton of great info from all of you, and every time I’ve asked a question (or anyone has asked a question for that matter), there always seems to be one amongst us that is an authority on the subject and can answer in depth.
- I look forward to checking in everyday to see what’s new which makes supporting the forum a no brainer so thanks @Joe Link for all the effort you put in to make it all work.